Scope today

C3m13p16
on 10/10/12 1:20 am - Knoxville, TN
I am having a scope today.  A couple of weeks ago I vomited blood.  I had been eating, drinking, and smoking while not exercising.  All of the things we know not to do.  I was back up to 240lbs after reaching my lowest weight of 225lbs. I went back on my meds, quit eating (clear liquid protein diet), quit drinking coffee and alcohol, quit smoking, and started exercising and taking my vitamins.  Guess what...the pain and gas in my stomach haven't gone away but my weight has.  Last week we did blood work and I was deficient in everything.  I did the barium swallow and had an ultra sound.  Everything came back normal except for the ridiculous amount of gas being produced by my stomach.  I belch like a sailor all day long.  I haven't had a soda in over 2yrs so no carbonated beverages.  I can't eat salad or leafy green veggies and that has been going on for several months now.  No fruits becaus ethey litterally burn my stomach.  I am not sure what they are going to find.  Last time they found an ulcer back in February, but hopefully today they will find something.  I love that I am losing weight and now at my lowest weight since middle school, but I have no energy and I am tired.  I want to be able to eat real food again.  I am more than 2yrs post-op.

Christina

bubbylucy
on 10/10/12 2:52 am - Raleigh, NC
 I hope they get you on the healing track soon, but it sounds like this may have been a good wake up call. Drinking and smaking are not good for anyone let alone bypass patients. I wish you all the best and hope for a quick diagnosis and recovery.

Audra

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views