Gurgling, Bubbling & Feeling Like there is a War in My Tummy (Whiner's Edition)

chatterpam
on 10/12/12 3:51 am - PA
Hello my OH family!  I am here to bellyache and b*tch and moan for a bit.  I am sitting here listening to the symphony in my stomach and feeling the bubbling and gurgling.  I get so tired of it.  I am wondering (my precious RNY veterans) if it ever stops?  Some days it seems worse than others... today I have just had a cup of coffee, protein bar and yogurt.  The other day I was at a meeting and the host stopped twice to ask if I needed to get something to eat (I wasn't hungry - just noisy.)

OK - I'm done now... LOL... sending love to you all.  I miss being here every day.  Grad school doesn't allow me much time for anything.

Pam 

jessann5
on 10/12/12 4:07 am - Kansas City, KS
I am almost 5 years out and my stomach is loud really loud at random times but almost always after I eat. It is embarrassing and I haven't found anything that makes it better or worse consistently.

I have a lot of meetings here at work so I try not to eat before the meetings and that usually helps keep my stomach quiet.

Wish I could say it goes away but for me it has not.

(On the bright side, I am considering inventing sound proof pants or abdominal wrap, maybe that would help) :)~

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

chatterpam
on 10/12/12 4:14 am - PA
LOL... thanks for your response... keep me in mind when you you get those pants invented! ;-)
Alicia F.
on 10/12/12 4:19 am
RNY on 04/16/12
You are not alone! 

I call it my little monster with in!  LOL  its embarrassing but I make light of it. 

I was in a mtg one day and my big boss actually laughed out loud when my pouch decided to be loud that day.  and it seems to be in the most innapropriate times too LOL 

I think I find the more dense something is or heavy I tend to make more noise.  I even warned my new cubicle partner of my lil monster. 

Oh well, but you are not alone.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/12/12 4:19 am
Pam! How's school?Good, I hope.

I'm not a vet, but my stomach is astonishingly loud at times. To paraphrase the old limerick, my "rumblings abdominal are simply phenomenal" Let's start the first RnY chorus. We could mike our stomachs and tour.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

chatterpam
on 10/12/12 4:29 am - PA

Thanks for asking, Rosy... it is SO much work but I am doing well.  I think I am back into the mode now.  It's been over 20 years for me.  So much has changed - everything is online now.  The last time I did a research paper I actually had to go to the library and look things up in the card catalog... LOL... hope you are doing well!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/12/12 4:57 am

Card catalogues! I remember using them too. I've been thinking of going back to school myself when my job ends in March. I'm still undecided as what I want to be when I grow up, though.

I'm great. I just realized today is 13 months out for me. I'm chugging along, and thinking how fast a year flies by!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views