TMI - Constipation on Vacation

alwaysbrandi
on 10/15/12 5:33 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I'm from NY and have been in AZ since last Thursday. I haven't been able to poop since last Wed. I'm getting in my water, protein and vitamins but am backed up to the point where I'm uncomfortable. I fly home Wednesday and need to NOT have diarrhea from treating the constipation. Should I just administer an enema for some relief? MoM took a couple of days to work last time I took it and I don't have the time.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/12 5:51 am
Colace and 500mg or so mag oxide does it for me when I'm that constipated.

You could also do a suppository. That should do it within the hour.

Most swear by Miralax, but it makes me very, very gassy.

april89love
on 10/15/12 6:10 am - NC
When I get that backed up I would reach for the enema. It works fast and is relatively easy. Next best thing is the Dulcolax suppositories. Sometimes the suppositories cause me to cramp up and then throw up. They work though. Hope this helps.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

SoCaPinkLady
on 10/15/12 11:08 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know it is uncomfortable. I use the walmart brand of Mirolax and it does not give me Diarrhea at all. It just helps things come out easily. Good luck finding relieve. I did the enema and mirolax and it was such a relief.

Lori                               

poet_kelly
on 10/15/12 5:57 pm - OH
I would do a Dulcolax suppository, personally.  Should work in less than an hour.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PositivelyPammy
on 10/16/12 2:09 am - CO
RNY on 07/16/12
I hear your pain... I was on a cruise 2 weeks ago & got backed up... BAD.  I was so uncomfortable.  Luckily they sold Colace on the ship.  2 pills 2 times a day.  Unfortunately it took a couple days for it to work it's way thru.

Take others suggestions w/ the enema, so you don't have to suffer thru the pain.

GOOD LUCK!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?