Soooooo mad at myself!

big42long
on 10/16/12 4:44 am - OH
So today for lunch I took my kids, niece, and mom to mcdonalds so the kids could play. I ordered the southwest grilled chicken salad with no dressing. As the kids were playing, my mom and i were talking and 2 hours later I ate the entire salad! I had no pains what so ever. Could i have stretched my pouch? I'm only 11 weeks post op.

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/12 5:00 am
RNY on 08/31/12
 This is just an opinion but lettuce takes up very little space if you ma**** down. Probably only a ball the size of a quarter (with water out and just the fibers which is what lettuce is - water and fibers). I can eat 1-2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce with no problems, not even a slight tightening feeling. Your chicken must have been how many ounces? Maybe 3? I think you are OK but my NUT warned me yesterday when I told her about my lettuce (she said is basically OK), that some people react differently to salads and different types of lettuce. I can't eat non-iceberg or I'll throw it up. She said most can handle romaine if the stem is removed but I can't. I think you saved yourself by not having the dressing! My unprofessional/non-medical vote is that you didn't stretch your pouch.
SoCaPinkLady
on 10/16/12 5:53 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
If it took you the two hours to eat it.. I'd say no.  But I'm not a Dr.

Lori                               

Annie_Anaba
on 10/16/12 11:57 am
RNY on 08/27/12
I agree...also from a non-medical point of view that over a 2 hour period it prolly didnt stretch it. I was worried about my Boca burger but the more I think about it.... naw it wsnt that big.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics