My 1 Year Post

newmerightnow
on 10/14/12 3:01 am - AK
My life changed into something more positive one year ago today, on October 14, 2011. As I reflect all the changes that have occurred over the last year, I feel happiness deep within my soul. It has by no means been a piece of cake, but it has been bearable. I still have food issues, and I probably will for the rest of my life. I have days when I struggle with making good food choices and I also struggle with being faithful to my exercise routine, or seeking help from other OH friends and my therapist when I hit a rough patch. Regardless, I am thankful to God and my doctor for making the weight loss surgery available to me. I can only imagine how my life would be today if I didn’t have surgery a year ago. This last year has been a journey of self discovery and I have realized maybe I do like that person looking back at me on the other side of the mirror, and maybe I do deserve to feel happy and content with myself for the first time
in a long time. I truly feel blessed.

Rick White
on 10/14/12 4:34 am
RNY on 03/26/12
 Like!!

JanBooth
on 10/14/12 5:12 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
Great news!  It's good to hear struggles and successes.  Sounds as though you made the right choice for you!  
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

tulips52
on 10/14/12 9:17 am
 Well said!!!  Congratulations!

kdunn
on 10/15/12 3:02 am - Goodlettsville, TN
Congrats.  You made it over that 100 pound mark,  You're doing wonderful.  Everyday is a struggle but you can do this.   We need to keep our head in the game. 

Kim

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views