One Month Post-Op Visit

MBMom
on 10/17/12 10:43 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I'm one month out today.  I am doing well overall.  Have lost 36 pounds...(30 since surg) but am having a hard time getting my fluids and protein in due to nausea.  I worked with the NUT and we are going to try to find ways to get protein in.  I also am not taking the vitamins because chewable also make me nauseaous.  I did get one a day petites but the NUT wants chewables....I just want to take the vitamins and be happy.

I had a bit of buyers remorse this week but put my big girl panties on and changed my outlook. :)

Mendie Thompson
on 10/17/12 11:32 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
 My nut wants chewable a and liquid meds for 2months.  I was able to cope with them by telling my head "mmmm...these are YUMMY".  Well, my brain figured that trick out the other day and I gagged severely on them.  After reading so many posts from the long-termers about taking whole pills from day 1 without complications, I decided to go against my nut on this ONE thing, and I am taking regular pills instead of chewable a.  So far, so good.

3n0gpastl
on 10/17/12 11:39 am - MD
 Congrats on the 36 pounds lost! 

I am about 7 weeks pot-op but I am right there with you in terms of having trouble with fluids and protein due to nausea. I just responded to an email from the nurse practioner asking how I was doing with all of that and it pained me to admit I was not meeting my fluid and protein goals. She talked about referring me to a GI because of other issues. I am getting fed up with having to go to the doctor so often, all the poking and prodding and tests and knowing that I should eat or drink but not getting enough in. I have been having buyer's remorse a lot lately. I put my big girl pantines on and plow on through but get stuck whenever I hit another challenge.

I apologize for all the negativity. I really hope you can get your vitamins in some way and that your nausea subsides. Keep that positive outlook. It will get you through things in a better way.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics