Playing with my food

tygercub82
on 10/19/12 12:02 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with

I finally am getting back on track where I need to be, as all of my stressers are calming down and the jigsaw I call life is falling into place. So for the 1st time in a long time, I played with my food last night.

I bought some tofu and cauliflower and made a asian inspired dish with it. I used the cauliflower as rice (Thanks Nik!!!) and cut up the tofu and cooked it with a little olive oil and fresh garlic, added some frozen stif fry veggies, I did add a little soy sauce but it was a large pan, then added some sweet chili sauce and orange chicken sauce. It was pretty good. Next time I will measure things so I can get some stats on it. But I was proud of it and my family ate it and loved it!!

Today for lunch Im trying Nik's lunchable idea. I found some perfect portions of lunch meat from Oscar Meyer, 2oz for 60 cal and 10 g protein.

wink2me
on 10/19/12 11:09 am - Canada
 Good for you....trying something new.  I am yet to have my surgery but it's coming up soon.  I am not really a cooker, so seeing posts like yours will encourage me to try and cook new things.  Thanks.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/19/12 12:21 pm - Baltimore, MD
 Like. :)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
Recent Topics