Farewell to fat clothes

Friendlybyte
on 10/22/12 3:42 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Okay this might sound strange but I am going through my clothes that  no longer fit... I don't want to just "donate" them, I wanted them to find a good home!   I have a friend that lives in another state and we have been about the same size for years, so I asked her if she would like my clothes and she was so tickled pink!!  She is one that is always doing for others and she comes last... I now feel better that my clothes are going to someone who needs and wants them... Is this crazy thinking??  Why am I so attached?  I am in much need of winter wear and have gone out once only to not buy anything... I am not sure why...  Maybe I am just nuts! LOL Just wondering if anyone else has had a hard time saying goodbye to their fat clothes??  I plan on going shopping again and maybe this time I will buy something!!  

SoCaPinkLady
on 10/22/12 4:00 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I posted yesterday that I am boxing up a big box of my old but very new clothes to send to my Sister in IN whom has always been the same size as me and could use them. What I don't send her I am sending to a local Woman's shelter for battered woman. Many of the woman go there with just the clothes on their backs and need clothes to begin a new life and some need clothes appropriate to re-enter the working world.

When I think of how many people will be blessed to have my old clothes and could really use them it does not bother me at all and puts a big smile on my face.

What does bother me is one of my friends daughters commented to me on Face book to pass my clothes on to her. So I let her know that I had all these clothes and she was welcome to come look them over. She only lives a mile and a half away and could come over most any day M-f while her son is in school to look at them. She wants me to load them all up and bring them to her which I won't do. Am I wrong in feeling like...... I'm offering you free clothes and you have a car and can come over here to check them out and get the one's you want? The reason I don't want to take them over there is because she will tell me she will go through them later and that will be the end of it. I know whatever she doesn't want will stay in the garage in bags and never go anywhere else and no one else will benefit from them.

Lori                               

Friendlybyte
on 10/22/12 4:08 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Thanks for replying, I had not thought of donating to a woman's shelter!  I will do that with what I don't send to my friend... I agree you should not have to drive your clothes to your friend, she needs to go to you!! It would be such a waste if they did not go to a good home and just sat in a bag in the garage!

Sonogrrl
on 10/22/12 4:45 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I just took three bags to the Salvation Army today, felt good!
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
SoCaPinkLady
on 10/22/12 4:49 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
WTG!!!!  Another way of Shedding poundage!!!! in our lives!

Lori                               

K. L
on 10/22/12 5:15 am
RNY on 08/20/12
It's funny- I too am having trouble letting go of old clothes. What's more surprising is how hesitant I've been to buy new clothes! I thought I'd be buying new clothes left and right when the time came, but now that I'm in regular sizes (XL/18 but hey!) I find I have so many more options and I'm shopping for things I love, not just that one thing that fits. Anyone else have this happen to them?
MissK123456789
on 10/22/12 9:59 am - PA
I've been going through major clothing purge lately.  My co-worker goes through them first, and then they go to my favorite food pantry that also has a clothing bank.  :)
Laura121
on 10/23/12 2:25 am - IL
RNY on 06/14/12

I have been going to the Goodwill for my clothes. Thats also where I have donated all of my clothes as well. I'm still losing weight so I'm not spending a lot of money on clothes right now. I just bought 6 outfits 4 weeks ago from the Goodwill and they already don't fit me. That's why I won't buy brand new clothes. I'm big on donating though.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics