Let the Training Begin!

K B.
on 10/22/12 9:07 pm
RNY on 04/30/12
So, I had my surgery on April 30th and I am down 66 pounds so far! I still have a bit to go, but I am enjoying the journey. I have days like I am sure we all do, where I feel why aren't I losing faster? Is this going to work for me? But, I have started to realize that I am doing well. I am on track, no complications so far, blood work looks great and I have decided to start training for my 1st Half Marathon!!!! I am super excited and I am planning to run the Rock n Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans February 24th 2013!

Today was my first day of training and I survived! I had a 2 mile run/walk and I finished in 26:30. I am going to train correctly and not try and do more then I can! Feel free to follow me on my journey and if you are on one yourself; please share!

Thanks for the continued support and motivation here at OH.com!

Have a GREAT day!
artroxy blue
on 10/22/12 9:27 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 That's great! Good luck with your training!! :)

Kim S.
on 10/23/12 12:01 am - Helena, AL
Way to go!  I can only do 5k's because of arthritis in my knees....I did the Race for the Cure Saturday and ran the whole thing, and now my stupid left knee is acting up.

I want to do a half...I'm having a LBL in November, and plan to start training next year for the Mercedes 1/2 in Feb 2014.

Best wishes to you and enjoy the running!

MichelleNC
on 10/23/12 12:47 am
That is awesome! I did my 1st half 2 years ago it is a goal to do all the rock and roll series all over the country! I wish you nothing but success and I hope you have fun. Running is my favorite way to clear my head and have some alone time....I have 4 kids! Keep us updated and what plan are you using? I did couch to half marathon it worked great!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 30 views