When did you all start eating lettuce? and NSV

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/25/12 2:03 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I'm 5wks out now and would KILL for a salad lol.  I'm going to have to look at my surgeons directions, but just wanted to know when you all started eating salad and if you can tolerate it ok.

I'm also 21lbs down from surgery today!!! Yay me!!!  48lbs in total and I'm so happy. 

I also went to Galveston this past weekend with my DH and walked A LOT.  Not one time did my feet or lower back hurt.  I couldn't believe it!  I also noticed how much room I have now between me and the table when I sit down at a restaurant.  AND I'm in an XL shirt!!!!  This is happening so fast and i'm having a good time trying to keep up.

Shannon

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Altoonamom
on 10/25/12 2:05 am - PA
 I am 4 weeks out and I just got the go ahead to start adding fresh fruits and veggies, but everyone's dr. Is different.  I loved my first salad.

Friendlybyte
on 10/25/12 2:14 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Hi Shannon, I waited till my doctor gave me the okay on a normal diet that was about 2 weeks ago.  I have not had a "salad" yet but have had some shredded lettuce with a taco or a wrap with a leaf... 
              Congrats on the 48 pounds gone forever!!   

Robin R.
on 10/25/12 2:20 am - PA
RNY on 10/12/12
Congrats and keep up the great work!

My surgeon has told me that when I start on regular foods to try only one new food each day so I know what hurts and what doesn't. Everyone is different and I'm still in the mush food stage. My mom however, is 17 months out and regular lettuce hurts her pouch. She has no problem with baby spinach though and uses that to make salads all the time :)

swoozieq67
on 10/25/12 2:34 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
I am 6 months post op today! Woo Hoo!

Anyhoo, back to your question. I started eating the "skinny" version of the Outback Chpped Pecan and Blue Cheese salad when I was 6 weeks post op. It truly was my saving grace...I still cannot tolerate any type of meat or eggs. I have not chosen to become a vegetarian, but it sure seems as my new friend Sybil (my knicknmae for the pouch) has made the decision for the both of us. lol

Anything that I can put beans, tofu and cheese into...I do it. This morning I made a protein drink with a 7 oz container of Fage Total plain, a Premier Chocolate Protein drink and a scoop of Unjury Strawberry Sorbet. That was 70 grams of Protein. I was able to drink half and I will drink the rest for my snack.

f you have a salad, make sure to chop it all up very fine and chew, chew, chew! Enjoy and I hope that it all works out for you. I love me some salads!

AlohaJen
on 10/25/12 7:29 am
RNY on 09/05/12
OMG!  Naming your pouch "Sybil" is the funniest thing I have heard this week... I love it !!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

CindyKae64
on 10/25/12 2:34 am
RNY on 05/22/12
First of all Congrats!!! Second my surgeon gave me the go ahead for lettuce at 2 months out, but each has a different plan.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Adrianne_Dawn
on 10/25/12 2:49 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
Congrats on your loss!! 

I was like you I couldn't WAIT to eat a salad...I thought I'd never want another salad after eating them everyday for months...but alas I missed them! 

I was kinda a cheater and started very soft food early so when I was on "Soft Food" I went and ate my first salad.  I think I was about 6-8 weeks out.

If food is doing ok in your pouch - maybe chop the salad a little smaller then normal and CHEW CHEW CHEW. hahaha :D

KELLY R.
on 10/25/12 2:56 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

I would think that once you're cleared for regular solid foods that you should be able to try a little and see how it goes.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat salads because I know alot of people have issues with it but thankfully, salad is one of the easiest things for me to eat :)

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 3:45 am
RNY on 08/31/12
 I started shredded iceberg lettuce at that time because of struggling with constipation. One-half cup first and built up to 1 and 1/2 cups over the following month. It mushes down to a very small amount in your pouch as it is mostly water. Warning, I ate a mixed green salad and threw it up because the thinner leaves did not get chewed down well enough. Iceberg chews up easily. My NUT said lettuce can have different effects on different people but a common one is that romaine lettuce needs to have the stringy part removed from the stems. Congrats on your weight loss!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics