WLS-friendly (and easy!) Indian-style Creamed Spinach...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/26/12 1:58 am - Baltimore, MD

This is what's for dinner tonight! Thankfully I will have more than enough protein in my day already not to have to add meat to this but if that's an issue for you, consider investing in some good unflavored protein like this kind. It's formulated for cooking so it blends right in (so long as you add it at the very end) and my hand to the man - it is tasteless!

This dish is also great for newer folks (so long as you heed my spice warnings!) as the spinach is blended and this turns out very pureed. Check out the recipe!

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2012/10/weight-loss-surg ery-friendly-indian.html

At any rate, even the kids liked this and I wasn't sure they would. My youngest asked to take it for lunch today over some cauliflower rice. I said no (there is no way to reheat food in their cafeteria) but still. She wanted to!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Larry Wassmann
on 10/26/12 2:07 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I would love that dish. But my wife would beat me up if I made it and she would never make it she hates Spinach and she even hates Popi the sailor man for liking it.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

TXKashmir
on 10/26/12 3:36 am - Grand Prairie, TX

That is too funny, Larry! Thanks for the laugh. I used to hate spinach, too, but the creamed style (especially with the Indian spices) was acceptable. My tastes have changed post-op, and I take spinach in all of it's incarnations now - which is good since it's such a great source of iron, niacin, fiber, etc.

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

artroxy blue
on 10/26/12 7:37 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

You could probably use a different dark, leafy green veggie if spinach is out. I'd probably use collards, kale, or mustard greens. 

Pickett6
on 10/26/12 3:14 am

Thanks, Nik.  Every weekend I try to make one new dish.  And this is DEFINITELY the one for this weekend.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/26/12 3:20 am - Baltimore, MD

Yummmmmmmmmmmm!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

missmomof4
on 10/26/12 3:42 am
RNY on 09/10/12

I am so going to try this, but I was wondering, perhaps we could add tofu to it? That could help with protein for those that need it :)

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 234 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 277 views