a new complecation

siswhtvr
on 10/28/12 3:02 pm - Glenpool, OK
i am a year and a half out. have lost 230 pounds. i am down to 110 and look awful. my bones stick out all over. havent been able to eat this whole time. what goes in must go out. i live on boost and protien powder. Finally after 3 doctors, one vantastic Doc. found the problem. the whole at the bottom of my pouch is too small. Its suppose to be a 15 and mine was a 3. So now i go in every two weeks to have it stretched. its now a 7 but i still cant eat. they put me in the hospital and called me belimic. they would be too if they spent a year vomitting.
has anyone else had this problem? and has anyone else lost too much waight and had to gain? how did you do it?
Sometimes im the windshield and sometimes Im the bug, Blessing from God for both types !!!!!
Annie_Anaba
on 10/28/12 3:31 pm
RNY on 08/27/12

Wow thats a new one on me. I thought the surgeons made it big enough to have 1/4 cup of food. Did they under estimate or did it shrink back? I'm sorry that it has made you bulimic and I hope it gets better. There is another poster on here who has a problem gaining any back. She too is smaller than she should be but I dont remember why. I hope she sees this or I will look for her and have her get in touch with you. Isnt it ironic that we need to lose and then we go too far. Life is so strange. I do know several people lose way below there goal and gain a little bac****il their bodies get to the weight it desires. Good luck.

JJ_
on 10/28/12 6:59 pm

So.....you have not been able to eat real food....and you have spent a year vomiting WITHOUT seeking medical assistance earlier?

All classic symptoms of a STRICTURE.  Easy to fix problem.  Your weight should stabilize once you are able to eat proper food.

Judy

jewel-twin
on 10/28/12 9:04 pm - Canada

I agree classic signs of a Stricture... your surgeon should have found this with one test, a scope and fixed it right away...it is one of biggest things they warned us about in all the preop classes... signs and symptoms of a stricture.....  Once they get that bad boy opened up you will be able to eat again and you will put on weight.

Good luck.

Jul

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

chowell
on 10/28/12 9:20 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12

I am in the same boat only 1 month out and cant eat anything except liquids not full liquids because pudding and jello hurt. I have had several tests and they didnt find anything wrong. I am worried about it to. My family is freaking out about me not being able to eat. I live off protein shakes and coffee and sf fudgepops

Cecily Howell                

MultiMom
on 10/28/12 11:04 pm - NH

I lost too much due to Reactive Hypoglycemia. I'm putting weight back on now that the is under control but your concern right now is being able to eat real food and keep it down. I can't imagine that it took Drs that long to find a stricture!!

You need to keep on the medical professionals to help you right now. Are you able to eat any solids yet? What are they saying about your situation? BE PROACTIVE and hound them! You need help if you aren't getting it.

Martha 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

tinamarie_125
on 10/29/12 2:28 am
Be patient hon. It will get better. I had a stricture too, just this year. It took 16 EGDs for it to finally heal and stay open. Mine at one point was the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen. It is miserable. I was so depressed and malnourished. My doc said he was going to put in a feeding tube and I freaked out. I went back to the old days of sipping medicine cups of glucerna. Are you taking carafate? That helps things to heal in the open position. Make sure you take it as prescribed. Hang in there.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 273 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics