I need help losing these extra 15 pounds.

wantin2lose
on 10/27/12 1:49 pm - Richton Park, IL

I am so ashamed of myself. I can't believe it's been three years since I last posted. I know I need my butt whipped. I don't know where to start this post. I lost 95 pounds. My smallest weight was 140 pounds in which I didn't like. I felt as though I was too small. I want to stay around the 155 area and I have since gained 15 pounds since Dec so I am now 160. My family and my man says I look really good at this weight but I think it's a little to heavy for me, I want to lose 15 pounds. I have gained weight in the areas I don't want to like my damn arms, stomach, and thighs lol. I will turn 40 in June and it is my goal to be fit and tight again at 155 with no flab or loose skin. I was trying to change my profile pic but it keep saying my pic is too large, if anyone can help me change it I would appreciate it. I have uploaded recent pics of myself feel free to check them out and give me your opinion.

Can anyone tell me if I should start back drinking the Shakes or Isopure?  You can also email me at [email protected]

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/27/12 2:25 pm - OH
I would suggest that you NOT go back to liquids. Well, not liquids only. If you want to use a protein shake to increase your protein without getting too many calories, that's another matter.

Going back to liquids, and doing things like the 5Day Pouch "Test" -- which is just a fad diet for RNYers -- only reinforces the diet mentality and the diet-deprivation-regain cycle... the cycle that kept us all obese for so long. Go back to basics instead: a protein forward meal plan that limits carbs to dairy (which has protein), veggies, and whole grains, and includes lots of water (but never with, or right after, meals). Going back to basics will reinforce the healthy eating habits that will help you maintain your weight long-term without being on a perpetual "diet" or feeling deprived.

Getting more physical activity, of course, will also help. That doesn't necessarily mean going to the gym or any formal exercise. It can mean extra walking, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

I am confused, though. You said 140 was too small, that you want to stay around 155, and that you are now 160 (a gain of 20 pounds)... but that you want to lose 15 pounds. 160-15 would be 145...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lynnc99
on 10/29/12 12:35 am

My lowest weight was 153 and I now hover at 170. I would love to lose 10 lbs. and know exactly how to do it. "Fad" dieting is not the way. The honest truth is that some refined carbs began to sneak their way back into my diet, almost daily. I am working now to get those OUT. And my exercise slacked off - I convinced myself that I was active enough at work. Not the case.

Reality check is the way to go. Then do what you know how to do. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 295 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics