protein

whitetigress2011
on 11/5/12 8:42 am - CA
Can we take it in pill form??? Just wondering,saw it when I was buyin protein powder.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SW : 372 CW: 299 1st GW : 250 2nd GW : 215 DR. GW:201My PG: 180
Anything below is a blessing from GOD

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/5/12 9:13 am

I just quickly Googled protein pills. The ones I found had only one gram of protein per pill, so you would have to take many of them. Then too, they may be like some of the jell o-like protein drinks and be a source we cannot absorb.

Are you having trouble getting protein from food?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

whitetigress2011
on 11/5/12 9:50 am - CA
That and I can't seem to find a shake that will go down and stay down.. I appreciate your help...

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/5/12 10:45 am

I recommend sample sizes whenever possible with protein. Vitalady.com has samples available and tons of protein drink recipes. The protein can be tough. Do you go to a support group? We frequently bring things to sample, and it's a good way to try things without investing lots of cash.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

poet_kelly
on 11/5/12 9:54 am - OH

What shakes have you tried and what don't you like about them? Taste, smell, what?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawnwilli2012
on 11/5/12 10:15 am

I hear ya!  I just can't seem to get the protein shakes in me or the additional protein powder on my food.  I'm worried that I'm going to get sick, so stressful!  I just had my surgery on Friday, November 2nd and it's pretty scary to me right now!  indecision

whitetigress2011
on 11/5/12 11:04 am - CA
I have tried body fortress, they make my pouch ache, unjury seperates and the thought makes me sick to my stomach & don't sit well, natures life - is way to thick, pure protein- nasty after taste and MIo Sport- smells & tastes like playdough..

whitetigress2011
on 11/5/12 11:06 am - CA
I plan to go to my support group on the 8th. Its the 2nd one since my surgery..

CarolF3
on 11/5/12 11:09 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

If you just had your surgery on the 2nd you should not be eating regular food-too early. Your Team should have given you a schedule to go by.

Our first few days are clear liquid and then on to Full liquid and then on to puree.

If Gastric Bypass your pouch should only be able to hold 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time while it is healing. Take care of pouchy or it will let you know ASAP what will work.

Follow your doctor's and team's instructions to the letter.

You have been given a tool and must take care of it. Think of a baby's tummy.

Carol   

JanBooth
on 11/5/12 11:14 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I didn't like most of the protein supplements, at first.  The only one that I could tolerate and still enjoy is EAS Advantage Carb Control.  It really tastes like flavored milk...like chocolate milk, strawberry milk or vanilla milk.  I can't taste the proteiny flavor like in the others and in the powders.  With the powders, I've found that if I add a little extra flavor, like raspberry or white chocolate, in sugar free syrups it is tastier.  The Unjury unflavored is so good in sugar free lemonade with a splash of raspberry SF.  Just play with the flavors...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics