Sleeve to Bypass - Anyone out there?!?!?!

M. Walker
on 10/31/12 6:40 am
DS on 02/12/13
I am going through with the process of revision to the bypass form the sleeve. Anyone go through this? Thanks so much.

kzvtiki06
on 10/31/12 7:42 am - San Juan, TX

i chose the bypass because it gives the most weight loss return but i also understand that everyone is different and we still have to eat right and exercise.

1 of my aunts (Angelina) had the Bypass in Feb. 2012 & the other (Dora) had the Sleeve in May 2012. Angelina walks 2's a day in morning & afternoon each for about an Hour but she cheats sometimes and doesnt drink that much water. Dora exercises 1 time a day but hardly ever cheats & when she does its only a bite size taste to take the urge away but drinks a lot of water.

After all this Dora has lost more weight than Angelina and thats cuz the Bypass should give you more weight loss. What it comes down to is if you stick to ur diet, excercise and drinks ALOT of Water....

other people in my support group told me the same thing.

I hope this helps!

Mary Escalona

big42long
on 10/31/12 9:34 am - OH
I had vsg may 9,2012 and rny july 27,2012. Had issues with sleeve so I didn't have much of a choice. With a revision you're at a greater risk for a leak. Had a few strictures but I'm doing great now!

Ladytazz
on 10/31/12 10:44 am

I had a sleeve in 2002 as part of my first surgery.  Back then they didn't use bougies and mine was way too large.  I think the surgeon said it was reduced by 50% but I swear it was less then that.  I was able to eat as much as I did before surgery.  I never felt restriction.  I had my sleeve revised to a RNY pouch a little over 2 years ago and now I know what restriction is.  I really thought that after 2 years I would be able to eat more but I am still very limited in the amount I can eat.  Yesterday we went to Shari's and I got a senior omelet with 2 eggs, some fruit and hashbrowns.  I ate half the omelet, most of the fruit (the melon part, I love melon) and a few bites of the hashbrowns and I was stuffed.

I hardly experience hunger any more.  I wanted as much restriction as possible and I got it.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 120 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?