Another NSV

longhornrose
on 11/3/12 1:58 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12

We were invited to a ceremony at church for my sister-in-law this morning.  At first, I was thinking I wouldn't go because I didn't think I had anything appropriate to wear.  (You should see my closet:  filled with mostly raggedy, old faded clothing, because when you're as fat as I was/am, who cares?)  Then I remembered I had a pair of pants and shirt I bought back in June to wear to a funeral, so thought I'd try them on, and maybe go to church anyway.

Wellll, to make a short story long, I tried them on, and they almost fell off!  When I bought them, they fit but were a little snug, and I remember thinking, "I hope they don't split in the rear when I sit down."  I feel bad that I'm missing my sister-in-law's ceremony, but I am dancing with joy over those pants almost falling off! 

Even though my weight loss is still very slow, I'm so very happy I had this surgery!  So many things to be thankful for besides just loss of lbs.  I feel better, I move easier, my clothes are no longer tight and form-fitting (which I have always hated), and food is no longer so appealing.  Oh, I have the occasional moment when something looks appealing (can you say "CANDY CORN"), but for the most part, I'm struggling just to eat at all.  So, I'm a very happy camper!  mail

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

BezoarGirl
on 11/3/12 3:45 am - WA

Congrats Beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

MissK123456789
on 11/3/12 8:39 am - PA

Beth,

Two words, THRIFT STORES!  Go for it.  Buy some new clothes to house your new body!  :)

Karen

brt11565
on 11/3/12 10:00 am - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

i love good will stores. they have the cutedt clothes at times and it is cheap. have fun shopping!!

gardeninggal
on 11/3/12 11:59 am - Midland, Canada

That is a great story and good for you.  I hate tight fitting clothes too and am still getting some wear out of mostly my stretch waist pants.  I shudder to think how snug they were and how the long tops covered things so well (or so I thought anyway).  Cheers to weight loss, smaller waists,etc. and clothes shoppingangry

Nancy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views