Been gone for a while........

Beth B.
on 11/4/12 12:49 am - Fayetteville, NC

Hello everyone...I haven't been around in a while so thought I would update everyone.  On Tuesday, October 16th at 10:04 a.m. I suffered a cardiac arrest while at work.  I am so thankful I was at work that day.  I am a 911 dispatcher and my co-workers acted quickly and started CPR immediately and saved my life.  I was in a medically induced coma for 72 hours.  I work at Ft Bragg, NC and was at the military hospital for 2 days before I was transported to UNC - CH Medical Center by air.  I had surgery on the following Tuesday to implant a defibrillator/pacemaker.  My children and family have been very supportive.....but of course I have had a lot of thoughts about if surgery brought this on.....this was my 5th hospitalization after surgery.  I am just glad to be alive at this point....I have a long way to go to recover from this. 

I have lost a total of 55 lbs since surgery....and it has been been the tough way to lose it.

Thanks for reading my rambling...Beth

jkjstars123
on 11/4/12 12:59 am - Tama, IA

That sounds awful! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I hope and pray you will get stronger and the worst is behind you.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

BugdocMom
on 11/4/12 1:40 am - CA

Holy crap, Beth!!! I can't imagine how scary that was/ is.You have had a tough time of it for sure. Hang in there, your health will improve as you continue to lose weight and get stronger. This was probably a blessing in disguise. Just focus now on making sure you become as healthy as you can. (((HUGS)))

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 8:08 am

BugdocMom, you took the exact words out of my mouth!  Holy crap is right!  I don't know what to say, Beth.  You have had one tough time of this.  I don't blame you for thinking it could have been triggered by the surgery, I would be thinking the same thing.  Did they say what did cause you to go into cardiac arrest???? Holy crap Beth, keep us posted when you feel up to it.  If you are going to be home recuperating, don't  hesitate to get on here when you are up to it.  We all will talk smack about b.s. just to keep your mind off of this when we can ok?  My thoughts are with you Beth along with many of us.  Jane kiss

SoCaPinkLady
on 11/4/12 6:23 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I am so glad you are alive as well!!!! Take care of yourself and listen to your Drs.  Thanks for letting us know!

Lori                               

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views