Hummus

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 11/6/12 3:43 am
RNY on 09/17/12 with

I LOVE hummus...pretty much all kinds.  So, I bought some for the first time since surgery the other day at the store (it's olive) and had some night before last.  My stomach hurt so bad but I had also had a sugar free mini ice cream sandwich later on and thought maybe it was that.  Today, I had some more and WOW...my stomach hurts again.  Can I just not tolerate it now?  And what in it makes me not be able to?

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Kim S.
on 11/6/12 3:58 am - Helena, AL

Lord only knows!  Sometimes you can't handle certain foods for a while, and some you will never tolerate again.  Just give it some time and try again. 

After surgery, I couldn't bear the thought of egg salad.  Until 2 weeks ago....3.5 years after surgery!  All of a sudden I wanted it and had it and it was good.

Go figure!

poet_kelly
on 11/6/12 3:59 am - OH

I dunno why hummus would hurt your stomach.  I love it.  Eat it all the time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 11/6/12 5:21 am

Do you think it's gas, bloating from the beans?  I don't get gas from it but serious bloating from the carbs.

Wait a few weeks and give it another try.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

MBMom
on 11/6/12 6:08 am
RNY on 09/17/12

Could it be the flavor of the hummus?

SarahLee1969
on 11/6/12 8:24 am - NY
It may also be the fat content. I find many brands/flavors are high in fat and do not sit well in the pouch.
wendydettmer
on 11/6/12 8:47 am - Rochester, NY

were you eating anything with the hummus?

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 11/6/12 10:05 am
RNY on 09/17/12 with

Yes, I had a few pretzels but I've had them before and not had a problem.  I think it was either the hummus itself or the olives. I'll try it again later on lol.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics