Lunchtime help please!!

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 11/7/12 10:36 am
RNY on 09/17/12

I don't like to cook lunch....period.  Before surgery I would make a sandwich or eat something fast..usually not good for me...or I'd skip it.  So now, I need to eat but I still don't want to cook or go into a major ordeal just for lunch.  I'm 7wks out.  Can y'all give me some suggestions?  Thanks.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

lisapo
on 11/7/12 10:47 am - WI

small can of tuna and a bit of light mayo, lunch meat with cheese, left overs from dinner the night before. Sometimes on Sundays I cook a couple of dishes just to have food for breakfast and lunch to just pop in the microwave at work.

poet_kelly
on 11/7/12 10:56 am - OH

Tuna salad, egg salad, sliced deli meat and cheese roll up, Greek yogurt, ricotta cheese with marinara sauce, leftovers from dinner the night before, hummus and bell pepper strips (or other raw veggies), string cheese and a bit of fruit, Wendy's chili, apple slices with peanut butter.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Hvfaith
on 11/7/12 10:58 am - St Albert, Canada

Can of shrimp with black olives, baby tomatoes, green beans, cucumber, a tiny bit of mayo, green onions, mix it up, yummy! I also pack a lot of turkey chili. Boiled eggs with hummus.  Cheese and apple.  Canned lentils, tomatoes with cilantro.  Those are my go to's for lunch most weeks, I rarely eat out as I find my weight creeps up and I don't feel we'll.  good luck

Sassyflamingo
on 11/7/12 11:17 am
RNY on 06/14/12

I like three strips of precooked turkey bacon and a sarge to light cheese stick to go along with my protein shake. Super easy!!

Jennifk
on 11/7/12 11:32 am - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 12/05/12

Medifast makes low-cal, low-fat protein-based products that are fast and easy.  I sit at my desk and work through lunch, so I'm not looking for a big ordeal.  Some things are grab and go, while others require ho****er or the microwave.

From the regular grocery store.... you can get pre-cooked grilled chicken near the lunchables, tuna in packets instead of a can.  Veggie burgers can be nuked in a minute. Peanut butter on celery with a few raisins is delicious. (my kids call this "ants on a log.") Salad.  Campbells soup-at-hand makes several low cal versions.

Good luck!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
xtine
on 11/7/12 11:35 am, edited 11/7/12 11:36 am - San Jose, CA

I just eat what goes in a sandwich without the bread. Bring some lunch meat, cheese and even a pickle (if it is ok on your plan) and eat it.

Also I put laughing cow on a piece of ham or turkey with an ultra thin slice of cheese, put a green onion, or pickle or whatever I felt like and roll it up and eat it. Both are tasty options packed with protein without the extra carbs.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Candy V.
on 11/7/12 9:30 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I like to take easy lunch and snack food too.  I take protein shakes, boiled eggs, Dannon light and fit Greek, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, nuts, seeds (pumpkin/sunflower)  and sometimes a small salad with just seeds/cheese/turkey on it.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Don 1962
on 11/7/12 9:30 pm

Refried beans with some shredded cheese for extra protein.  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cyn1029
on 11/8/12 12:18 am
RNY on 10/24/12

I thought that we weren't supposed to eat nuts or stringy veggies like celery after surgery. Was I misinformed? I'm only 2 weeks out, but looking ahead to prepare for future lunch menus.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics