Catching myself

tygercub82
on 11/9/12 5:41 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with

I've been catching myself grazing recently, little snack here and there. not neccesarily bad foods but not the kind I need to be eating either. The bottom line is, i am eating out of boredom. Now I am on the quest to get rid of the bad behavior before it creeps up on me and smacks me in (whatever body part the weight decides to go). I have a job during the day where I am at a computer desk, not my normal kind of job. 

Any suggestions on things I can do to keep myself from snacking? I took all the munchies and threw them away today. I don't want them at home either. I've gained about 3 lbs but I don't know if that's the snacking or my cycle(My Aunt Flo just left today). 

Dee.spunk
on 11/9/12 6:38 am - Sacramento, CA
I found that if I must snack, i'll turn to carrots. Low calorie and I canususally eat two and be done (baby carrots).

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Jennifk
on 11/9/12 11:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 12/05/12

Hi there.  Are you snacking at work, or at home?  If at work, you can try drinking flavored water, always keeping the bottle within your grasp. Chewing gum. Using an iPod. Taking advantage of any breaks that are offered.  Scheduling a mid-morning bathroom trip and mid-afternoon trip so you have something to look forward to. Brushing your teeth.

If at home, then get some sort of hobby, craft, or join a gym. Devote each night of the week to a different room in the house to clean, organize, rearrange, hang out in.  Go for a walk.  Haunt weight loss sites and answer random people's posts.  (That's what I do!)  Plan dinner or the next night's dinner. Get fancy with your seasoning and cooking skills.  Get a dog if you need company. Do your nails. Brush your teeth. Pluck hairs. Color.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 427 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 260 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 115 views