My pouch loves salad!!

Friendlybyte
on 11/8/12 8:31 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

I did it!  I had my first post op salad!!  I was like a little kid eating a hot fudge sundae for the first time!!   The hubby took me out to lunch, the salad bar is included with every meal... So I started with a bed of some lovely mixed greens followed by carrots, cucumbers, red onion, beets, garbanzo beans and grape tomatoes topped with sunflower seeds, and bacon bits with a drizzle of low fat ranch dressing... I tell you it was the best salad I have ever had in my life!!   I took the time to enjoy every bite ...

When my steak came to the table I could only take 2 small bites because I had filled up on salad   I know bad bad Cindy!  Tonight I will be eating my steak... So worth it!  

So don't be afraid like I was to take the big step!! Once you have been given the green light just take it slow....

Haleyknits
on 11/8/12 9:43 am - NC
RNY on 11/12/12

This gives me hope!  One of the things that gave me pause about this procedure was the prospect of not being able to eat fresh fruit and salads.  I am always glad to hear when folks can handle this stuff!

Annie_Anaba
on 11/8/12 10:11 am
RNY on 08/27/12

My hubby took me to Pita Pit and I thought I would just eat the inside but they make salads now. I was like you, ate that thing like I was starved. I had to stop before I made myself sick, lol. It made 3 meals for me with the chicken and beans.

mich4416
on 11/8/12 10:19 am
RNY on 09/26/12

how far out are you? I am 6 weeks out a can't wait to try salad!

Friendlybyte
on 11/9/12 1:41 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

I had my surgery 8/28 so I am a little over 2 months out, my surgeon gave me the go ahead over 2 weeks ago but was too nervous to try salad...

JugglerOne
on 11/8/12 3:01 pm - PA

So, you are just over 2 months after surgery and from what you described on your salad, it seems like it would have been a pound of food??  I am 3 months out and eating only 4 ounces. Sounds like you did get some protein from the seeds and beans though, but I would keep your focus on protein mostly at meal time except on special occasions such as this.

Friendlybyte
on 11/9/12 1:45 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

LOL yeah maybe it sounded that way but I ate not even a cup of salad.... Few bits of everything... In the future I will eat my protein first and salad last if I have room...

MultiMom
on 11/8/12 8:37 pm - NH

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but what about protein first? When I go to a place with a salad bar (even now) I get my salad but I don't eat it until after I have my protein. This is the time in the process to be making the changes in your life that will help you with long term success. 

Sorry to rain on your parade.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Friendlybyte
on 11/9/12 1:36 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

You are absolutely right!  I just got too caught up on how good it tasted and well ate more than I had planned, it won't happen again..  That is why I wrote bad bad Cindy! LOL  I know protein first!! mail  Thanks for replying!!

Nessa S.
on 11/8/12 9:35 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 09/04/12

I Cant wait to have my first salad...I am 2 month out and I still afraid to try it!!!

Hw: 427 SW: 379 CW:229RNY: 9/04/2012

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 222 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views