27 Weeks Pregnant - 3 Years Post-Op RNY - Vomiting and Racing Heart

bella80
on 11/10/12 8:48 am - Brisbane, Australia

Hi,

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and struggling with vomiting after eating. I am 3 years post-op RNY. It doesn't matter how small a meal I eat, I feel very uncomfortable, my heart races and I often have to vomit. To me, it feels as though I have a lap-band once again and am spending my life vomiting!

Prior to my pregnancy I didn't vomit from my RNY. I vomited in my first trimester due to morning sickness, but now I am vomiting due to discomfort and a full feeling, even from eating a small meal, regardless of what that meal is. It almost feels like I dump on EVERYTHING, even if it has no sugar, or carbs or fat or is a tiny portion!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my stomach pushed into a smaller, weird shape due to the baby and causing me the discomfort? I stop eating WELL before I am full and will almost always end up very uncomfortable and having to vomit. Eating anything at all seems to cause my heart to race uncontrollably. Has my metabolism changed with pregnancy and is the having some sort of effect?  

Please help!

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/12 9:53 am

Call your OB doctor Monday!  Let them know because if the baby isn't getting the nutrients it needs this could cause some serious problems.  Don't mess around with this. No one on here can give you medical advice except to see your doctor.  Take care of yourself and the baby.  Jane

wmamey
on 11/11/12 12:51 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On November 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM Pacific Time, bella80 wrote:

Hi,

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and struggling with vomiting after eating. I am 3 years post-op RNY. It doesn't matter how small a meal I eat, I feel very uncomfortable, my heart races and I often have to vomit. To me, it feels as though I have a lap-band once again and am spending my life vomiting!

Prior to my pregnancy I didn't vomit from my RNY. I vomited in my first trimester due to morning sickness, but now I am vomiting due to discomfort and a full feeling, even from eating a small meal, regardless of what that meal is. It almost feels like I dump on EVERYTHING, even if it has no sugar, or carbs or fat or is a tiny portion!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my stomach pushed into a smaller, weird shape due to the baby and causing me the discomfort? I stop eating WELL before I am full and will almost always end up very uncomfortable and having to vomit. Eating anything at all seems to cause my heart to race uncontrollably. Has my metabolism changed with pregnancy and is the having some sort of effect?  

Please help!

You are 3 years post op and said that everything was fine before you got pregnant. The only thing that has changed is that you ARE pregnant. Vomiting like this can happen during pregnancy, so it may not be related to your RNY at all. Please call your doctor (OB) and get in to see them as soon as possible.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 469 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 383 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views