loose stool after fruit

wendydettmer
on 11/12/12 6:39 am - Rochester, NY

Recently I've noticed that at night when I have my green smoothie, within 30 minutes i get really bad diarrhea.  Over the weekend I noticed that I had it a lot all day, so i tried to find a pattern.  Today I realized that within 30 minutes of having fruit, I get bad diarrhea.  And not to be gross, but the last few times I have noticed that it's liquid with what looks like tons of chewed up food (like apples, etc).  I'm almost a year out and haven't had this issue before.  It's only been in the last few weeks I've noticed an issue.

I know it's probably not dumping per se because i don't have any other symptoms (maybe flushing, but nothing major).  Do you think it could be the sugar in the fruit?  That would make me quite sad.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Dave Chambers
on 11/12/12 7:15 am - Mira Loma, CA

If this happens with only fruit, that may be the issue. There are some fruits with low sugar contents and then there are fruits with HIGH sugar content.  Pineapple, grapes, mangos are a few of them that are higher in sugars.  If you add some synthetic sugar substitutes to make you smoothie taste a little sweeter, it could be this sweetener also. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?