Female issues 5 years out????

Kitsy W.
on 11/12/12 9:12 pm

I went for a ob-gyn appointment last Wednesday and they were unable to do a pap???  I found out that I have uterine prolapse and a fallen bladder.  The dr has stated that this could be due to all the weight loss?

Has anyone else had this kind of problem?  It must be pretty bad because this happened Wednesday and today I have a Urologist appointment and will get a surgery date.

WORRIED?  Need encouragement.

Starting weight:  292  Goal weight:  145 Current weight:  136

wmamey
on 11/12/12 10:58 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
On November 13, 2012 at 5:12 AM Pacific Time, Kitsy W. wrote:

I went for a ob-gyn appointment last Wednesday and they were unable to do a pap???  I found out that I have uterine prolapse and a fallen bladder.  The dr has stated that this could be due to all the weight loss?

Has anyone else had this kind of problem?  It must be pretty bad because this happened Wednesday and today I have a Urologist appointment and will get a surgery date.

WORRIED?  Need encouragement.

And, it may not be related to weight loss. This is a common problem in females as they get older and not neccessarily related to weight loss at all. When was your last pap? Did you get one last year? Did they have a problem doing it last year? Seems to me if you had one last year, I would want to know the answers to those questions before I go having surgery. I would possibly want a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis as well.
Ask lots of questions and maybe get a second opinion before surgery.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/13/12 12:28 am - OH

Yes, it commonly happens to women as they age and probably has nothing to do with weight loss.  If you are not having trouble (other than the problem doing the pap smear... which I don;t understand at all, since they only need access to the vagina an cervix to do that), I wouldn't rush into surgery.  Some women end up with more trouble AFTER the surgery than before (and there are lawsuits underway regarding some of the mesh/slings they were using to fix these problems).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cajungirl
on 11/13/12 12:33 am

I agree it could but doesn't necessarily have to be related to weight loss.  This happens to women as they age sometimes.  Are you having any discomfort or pains related to the prolaspe.

I do know someone that had WLS that use to post on the Texas board that had both a uterine and rectal prolapse.  She was having significant pain and had to proceed with surgery. 

Here's a pretty good article on it:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002477/ 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views