Bubble water??

Friendlybyte
on 11/11/12 11:51 pm - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

I know this must of been posted a million times but I don't remember why it's not good for us?  I have one of those soda machines and I use to make my own bubble water with a slice of lemon or lime... Can I have it if I don't make it too bubbly?   I do drink a lot of decaf tea and water but sometimes I want something that has a bit of fizz... I quit sodas months ago so that is not an issue... Thanks for any replies!!

raptor62
on 11/12/12 12:20 am - IL
RNY on 07/27/12

We are not supposed to consume carbonated beverages.  The gases can work to expand our pouch.

Kevin

poet_kelly
on 11/12/12 12:41 am - OH

No the gas cannot expand our pouch.  Our pouch has two openings, one at the top and one at the bottom.  Gas cannot build up to expand the pouch when there are two openings.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PMarie
on 11/12/12 12:23 am - Bloomington, MN

Ability to tolerate carbonation varies widely.  I do on occasion drink sparkling water and the occasional soda.  Not my first choice for beverages,but nice to have once in a while.  I need to sip them slowly, and always from a glass- no more drinking out of the bottle or can for me.  I have one of the soda makers too, and like the fact that I can adjust the carbonation level to suit me. 

poet_kelly
on 11/12/12 12:41 am - OH

If it doesn't cause you discomfort, then it's fine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Friendlybyte
on 11/12/12 5:39 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

Thanks Kelly!!  kiss  I did not want to stretch out my pouch!!  I will make my own and make it not too bubbly and see how it goes!!

Dee.spunk
on 11/12/12 4:08 am - Sacramento, CA
I don't see why it should be a problem unless its uncomfortable for you. It can't strech your pouch or anything. It might just give you gas. I usually wait for my drink to go a little flat before I drink it. Otherwise I do feel uncomfortable.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404