Is my eating out of line?

jschultes
on 11/12/12 6:09 am - ND

I'm just starting to get worried that at 7 months out I'm eating too much at once? Through this whole journey I've been on the very light side of eating. I measure or weigh everything that goes into my mouth while tracking it all on myfitnesspal.com.

So here's what I am able to eat now...

dense protein. Depending on what kind like shrimp I can do almost 4 ozs! Chicken and beef around 2 to 3 depending on the pouch day? I do not eat anything with the meat when I'm doing that much.  2 oz of beef jerky doesn't phase me anymore either, used to take hours to eat that.

Salad - Can do about 1/4 to 1/2 cup lettuce with 2ozs protein, 1 tbs parmesan and 1/4 cup alphalpha sprouts...usually 1 tbs of dressing

Soups - I can do anywhere from 1/3 a cup to 1 cup. I made some chili with just tomato sauce, meat and beans and ate 1 cup of that at a time, but like I said, very watery chili.

Egg Beaters omelet - I make an 8tbs egg omelet which would come out to 1/2 a cup. I usually add about 2tbs mushrooms and 2tbs spinache too.

cottage cheese and things of that sort - 1/2 a cup.

Popcorn - can eat up to 4 cups popped! But of course I do it over time sometimes the whole day...used to be a chip addict and it's my supplement when I feel "snacky"

I guess i just wonder if I'm getting out of line? Just want your opinions. I do talk to my nutritionist next monday but I'm really starting to worry! Did I just keep myself at the least amount of food I could eat for so long that I'm shell shocked?

My weight loss has begun to taper and I'm worrying it's something I'm doing wrong?!

I do get my protein and water in daily while staying in the 800-1000 calorie range that my nutritionist suggests for me.

cajungirl
on 11/12/12 6:14 am

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  The weight loss does slow down for many at 6+ months post-op.  Looking at your ticker you've done amazingly well.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

raptor62
on 11/12/12 6:17 am - IL
RNY on 07/27/12

I don't think it is too out of line. 

I have been told to limit my meals to 1/2 to 1 cup of food per meal.  Meats are consumed in portions of 2 oz.

My NUT says that I can have salad but there is not much nutritional value so she considers I choose another food.  The popcorn isn't giving us much either.

good luck!

Kevin

jschultes
on 11/12/12 6:20 am - ND

I've heard that on both counts but they make me feel more like a normal person if I can eat them :). Popcorn like I said is my substitute for so badly wanting to eat a dill pickle chip! I get the 15 calorie per cup so I know no nutritional value there, but somehow feels valuable to me in other ways...lol.

Salad I add meat to so I figure I'm getting in my protein and again makes me feel like I ate  a little meal or something other than bits and pieces here and there throughout the day.

Thanks for the responses! Makes me feel a a little better!

lighteningbug34
on 11/12/12 9:11 pm
RNY on 08/27/12
Pardon my ignorance, but are we not suppose to eat dill pickles...they are 5 cals each and no carbs....

Please explain.

Thanks!

Pre-Op: 245Day of Surgery -  238.2 / Current: 170Initial goal - 140 / Ultimate Goal- 130

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/12/12 6:24 am - OH

Sounds very normal to me for 7 months out. 

It is very natural for weightloss to slow down at about 6 months out; you weigh significantly less than when you started (and therefore have a smaller daily caloric deficit) and your body is beginning to lose the caloric malabsorption.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Strjen
on 11/12/12 6:30 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

You are doing great. Congrats on your progress! I've been losing about 5lbs a month the past few months. Not sure I'm gonna be down that much this month. My weight has been going up & down 2-3lbs the past month. Keep it up!

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

jschultes
on 11/12/12 6:46 am - ND

Mine has gone up and down too! I think that's why I'm worrying so much.

Glad to know I"m not out of line. I think I need to jump on the more exercise bandwagon.

Strjen
on 11/12/12 8:16 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I'm right there with you in the needing to start exercising.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Larry Wassmann
on 11/12/12 7:27 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Your daily intake looks close to mine at 6 months. I eat about 2.5oz of any meat. I can't eat shell fish of any kind. I barf. I do not eat popcorn because I love it too much and would eat too much I am sure. Also it used to make my stomach sore so I do not want to take a chance on my pouch. I can eat a cup of salad but not every day as it will start to hurt my pouch after a few days of it in a row. Other than that what you eat looks fine to me and I don't think it is too much at all. But how many calories do you eat per day? I am not to have much more than 900 per day. Weight loss is slowing down but that is what I expected and does not bother me, I have the rest of my life to lose the rest of it to my goal.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views