United Healthcare Personal Care Support?

VSG on 06/12/13

My first appt with the surgeon is Wednesday. I was pulling paperwork together and I see that I need to give 5 days notice to this group inside of UHC. Is this prior to doc visit? Surgery? Both? I will call them in the am and will delay my appt if needed (it is $150 fee!) but curious to see if others know what this is. Would surgeon's office have done thiis when they verified me?

exohexoh
on 11/19/12 11:08 pm - West Chester, PA

i don't remember how it worked, i know i called before my appointment because they wouldn't let me go to my first choice surgeon. i found it extremely irritating to have to talk to them. it didn't help at all. you get a "support person" that you're supposed to check in with during the process. i pretty much just sent e-mails and voicemails, so it added nothing to my experience. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

VSG on 06/12/13

Thanks! I called UHC this morning. The agent was really nice but had no idea what the answer to my question was. I did register for wellness coaching which is included in my membership with them. It includes dietary coaching and personal training information. Not sure how it’ll blend with the dietician’s advice from the surgeon, but I’ll give it a go.

I also talked to the insurance coordinator at the surgeon’s office and she didn’t know what this meant, either. She said as a matter of course they have to talk with the insurance company 5 days before surgery and so she was guessing that is what this is. She will follow up with UHC on other things and will try to get to the bottom of it. She didn’t feel it would impact my visit tomorrow, so everything is still a go.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics