Share your healthy side dish recipe for thanksgiving!

Darcy S.
on 11/21/12 9:22 pm - Clinton, CT
I'm making Shelly's protien bites for one of my side dishes. Check her recipes out on www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. But I'm looking to get some more ideas. How about a healthily dessert too. What are you serving today?

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

Blondie76
on 11/22/12 2:21 am - AL
We were supposed to be on the road today but my little one came down with strep so making a last minute dinner. Pork roast with baked apples, baked beets, and will make something small for a dessert. Most likely a Greek yogurt cheesecake pudding since I have it here already.
Ladytazz
on 11/22/12 4:32 am

This was a hit last year so my daughter in law asked me to bring it again.  Very easy and pretty WLS friendly.

ruby tuesday creamy mashed cauliflower   1 head cauliflower   3/4 cup water (I omitted this as the recipe was too thin with the water.  I just used a little to dissolve the corn starch)   1 tbls corn starch   1/3 cup heavy cream (you can use skim milk or regular milk if you want but I love it with cream)   1 teaspoon sugar (I used Splenda)   3/4 tsp salt   1/4 tsp black pepper (I used white pepper)     1/8 tsp garlic powder     1/8 tsp onion powder     1. divide a head of cauliflower into florets that are all roughly the same size. steam cauliflower peices over boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. drain and toss in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.     2. when cauliflower has cooled, put them in a food processor along with 1/2 cup water. puree the cauliflower on high speed untill smooth, but with a few peices of small bits for texture.     3. pour all of puree into medium sauce pan. dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup of water and add the solution to the cauliflower.     4. add the cream, salt, white pepper, garlic powerd, and onion powder to the caulifflower and stir. set the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stiring often for 5-10 minutes or until thick.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics