TUESDAY! What are you doing/eating today?

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/26/12 9:46 pm - Baltimore, MD

It's a rainy, cold day here in Baltimore. The kind of day that's good for staying in bed and, if you have someone you love "snuggling" with them (and you all know why I put that in quotations).

But alas that is not my life. Instead I awakened to the man of our house, our Basset Hound Benji, licking my nostrils. Um...yuck?

Anyhoo, today is work then I have to drop one kid with her uncle so he can take her to a high school open house and the other is running errands with me before I go to my church council meeting. Fun times. 

For once I actually packed good eats today. Yay!

Here's what I've got:

1. Click with skim

2. Tuna with a little light mayo, cottage cheese

3. A cheese stick

Not sure what dinner will be since I'll be running around. I'll try and keep the protein momentum going (the above is about 70-ish grams of protein). I aim for 100+ a day. I'll get there one way or the other!

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

wendydettmer
on 11/26/12 9:52 pm - Rochester, NY

ewwww, nose kisses in the morning! lol

I've been struggling a bit lately with a whole slew of things, but am doing my best to not let it super affect my eating.  I did make a choice to have half a whole wheat bagel this morning, so I adjusted the rest of my meals to compensate. 

B 1 - green smoothie with kale and protein

B2 - half bagel with light cream cheese, will probably have a yogurt later to get protein, but no apple today because of the bagel.

L - tofu and green beans (also no wrap - because of the bagel)

S - quest bar

D - protein 'cake'

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

jessann5
on 11/26/12 10:37 pm - Kansas City, KS

Took my son out for breakfast this am to Panera, usually I just get a coffee but I was hungry this am and my planned Cheerios and almond milk did not sound nearly as good as a panera sandwich so I scoured the menu and came across the Mediterranean egg white sandwich sounds like a reasonable choice right? So got that ate it it was really good then I got to work and looked it up on the panera website HOLY COW! 450 calories, 15 grams of fat, 47 carbs, 21 protein=11 weigh****chers points almost 1/2 of what I get in a day well guess I am eating broccoli for lunch :)

B: Panera sandwich (wasn't totally calorie destructive, but not worth it in my opinion)

S: apple and a cheese stick

L: cottage cheese and steamed broccoli

S: carrot sticks

D: Turkey sausage with peppers and onions on a sandwich thin, and a mixed green salad,

S: Fruit ****tail with Cool Whip free or cottage cheese with 1T apple butter and a pack of splenda

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/26/12 10:52 pm - Baltimore, MD

For a four year post-op 450 calories for breakfast isn't unreasonable. How much fiber? Yeah it's carby. So you go for a walk or work out. Use the carbs. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

jessann5
on 11/27/12 12:52 am - Kansas City, KS

3 measly little grams of fiber :) It really was a good sandwich they put some kind of pesto sauce on it that was pretty tasty.  I might have to try and recreate a healthier version at home.

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Silverbelle69
on 11/26/12 10:40 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

B)  Baked apple oatmeal a la Nik - mmm

L)   My attempt at Chinese food with soy sauce, chicken, sprouts, mushrooms

S)   Crustless quiche with spinach and parmesan

D)   4 oz eye of round steak

S)   100 calorie pack of dry roasted almonds

Gypsyw0lf
on 11/26/12 11:25 pm - Regina, Canada

Today more big fluffy flakes of white stuff falling from the sky.  We've already broken the record for November snowfall and we still have 4 days to go *sigh*  I really wish I liked the cold and doing outdoor activities in it..but I just don't.  When I get cold I stay cold..and that just sucks for winter activities outside.

Today's eats are hopefully going to be better than they have been.  I haven't been holding myself accountable and well my extremely slowed weightloss shows it. 

B:  Protein Shake

Lots of decaf tea and I had 2 cups of coffee with FF Cream

L:  Cottage cheese with a bit of bran buds in it

AS:  probably nothing or maybe an Atkins shake I have in the freezer here

S:  Left over roast chicken, veggies with Light gravy  

ES:  Tea and more tea..since I don't seem to be able to drink cool water anymore.

Off to the gym tonight, straight from work, it seems to work the best to get there if I don't go home first.

Hope you all have an awesomesauce day.

christinalee
on 11/27/12 3:20 am - At Home in, NH

B:  chilli rellenos puff casserole/turkey sausage/guac

L:  whole wheat chili mac/mixed veggies/ half a quest bar/guac

S:  greek yogurt/fruit

D:  chicken/veggies/brown rice/salad

S:  cheese sticks/ham rollups/FF cocoa

Pulled something in my lower back between yesterday and this morning.  Did yoga at lunch hoping that would gently stretch the muscle -- to no avail.  Oh well, guess its time for a Ben Gay rub and some tylenol.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Kenochs84
on 11/27/12 3:31 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12

Still trying to get back on track from Thanksgiving and the weekend away.

B:  Pizza omelet:  Eggs, onions, peppers, turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese. 

S:  Reduced fat cheese stick

L:  Smart One pot roast and light ww toast with a light amount of PB

S:  Reduced fat cheese stick

D:  Turkey and broccoli quiche.  

Paul C.
on 11/27/12 4:28 am - Cumming, GA

2 protein bars and 2 apples so far kiss

Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views