Bought a new bra today....why?

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 12/1/12 5:44 am
RNY on 09/17/12

I've been putting off buying a new bra, but I had to today.  Why did I go from a 44d to a 40ddd???  Why would my cup size increase? 

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/1/12 5:50 am, edited 12/1/12 6:03 am - OH

Because you lost weight around your ribcage and the cup size is a reflection of the difference between the band measurement and the breast size. You apparently Iost more fat from around your middle than in your breasts, so the difference between the band size and breast size is greater, therefore larger cups.

it is also possible that you were wearing an incorrect size before, and that a bit of the difference is just s difference between bra styles/manufacturers.  I wear a 36 in some bras, a 38 in others, a DDD in most, but a DD in one particular style (and in a recent bra purchase from VS, even a DDD cup is barely big enough... Have not yet decided whether to return it or not).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kim S.
on 12/1/12 5:57 am - Helena, AL

Have you tried Cacique?  (Lane Bryant's version of VS).  My daughter is well endowed so I took her there and she got some really nice bras....for 1/2 the cost of VS.  She is a 40 DDD so she has a hard time finding bras in other stores. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/1/12 6:02 am - OH

Yea, that is actually where the ones I usually wear come from because they are one of the few brands that offer the EXTRA support that I need now that they hang to my waist (literally). Most VS don't offer enough support, and the one that I just got has enough support but the new DDD cup is still not quite a true DDD.

Lora

exohexoh
on 12/1/12 6:43 am - West Chester, PA

lucky. i can never find the 38dd's in my store, only the larger sized bands. i guess i could order online but i always try on a zillion bras and end up hating them all!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/1/12 6:52 am - OH

I tried on the ones they had in the store to check the support level, look, and fit (they did not have any that were under a 40 band size) and then I ordered the proper size right from the store (no shipping charge) the first time.

Lora

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/1/12 8:59 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

These are my most favorite bras ever!!!! I hate underwire and these fit perfectly and give GREAT Support!!!!

Lori                               

Kim S.
on 12/1/12 5:55 am - Helena, AL

Lora, I think VS bras run small.

What Lora said is correct....you may lose more fat from your actual breasts later and then your cup will shrink.  85% of women wear the wrong size bra, so maybe you were in the wrong size before? 

I had to go to WalMart today to get a couple cheap non-wire bras to wear while I'm recovering from breast lift surgery.  I tried on several brands/styles and the sizes were all over the place.....bottom line-don't fret it.  BUY WHAT FITS.

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/12 5:58 am

Depending on the manufacturer I wear from a 36 to a 38, sometimes B and sometimes C. At VS I wear a 36C.

Jennifer B.
on 12/2/12 2:30 am
RNY on 12/04/12

I agree with all of the ladies here. I had them measure me at VS and I measured at a 40F (I thought the girl who measured me eyes were gonna pop out of her face) and when I went to JCPenny I measured at a 42DDD just depends on the brand and how it fits. VS runs way too small.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 352 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics