prenatal vitamins

nweeks621
on 12/4/12 2:07 pm - Stockton, CA

just curious what the skinny is on prenatal vitamins..i had roux-en-y sept 30th 2010..healthy in all regards.

any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated..my new email is [email protected]

thank you nicole weeks

qnmimi
on 12/4/12 3:02 pm - Cottage Grove, MN

According to my clinic's plan, they are not quite all we need.  They are great if you are, or want to become pregnant without having WLS, but not complete enough for us.  Just MHO.

poet_kelly
on 12/4/12 5:54 pm - OH
On December 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM Pacific Time, nweeks621 wrote:

just curious what the skinny is on prenatal vitamins..i had roux-en-y sept 30th 2010..healthy in all regards.

any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated..my new email is [email protected]

thank you nicole weeks

Depends on which prenatal vitamins.  They are not all the same.  Anyone can slap the label "prenatal" on any vitamin they want, just like anyone can slap the label "bariatric" on any vitamin, regardless of whether it really meets the needs of bariatric patients or not.

The ASMBS says we need a multi with 100% of the RDA of most things in it, including minerals like copper, zinc, and selenium.  If a prenatal has that, then it's a good choice for us.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics