What are you doing/eating today? Wednesday!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/4/12 9:40 pm - Baltimore, MD

Doing: Stressing over a devotional I'm supposed to write for Advent. It's a complicated piece of scripture that, frankly, is making me feel less intelligent! Otherwise, it's business as usual. I am going to try to get to spin class this evening.

Eating: 

1. Protein oatmeal w/ PB2 and Splenda

2. A Click Frapp

3. Proti-Diet Tomato soup

4. Fit Frappe Spiced Chai Frapp

5. I dunno..but something savory!

This is a high protein day mostly because I am trying to photograph a bunch of upcoming blog recipes so that I can have a few days where I ATTEMPT to stay off the internet. I don't like how tethered I feel to my computer, smartphone, etc.

Anyway, what's up with you guys today?

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

darlingdeb
on 12/4/12 9:50 pm - OH

Hi Nik - I have a question for you on your almond cookie recipe.  When you say "almond butter", do you mean like peanut butter but almond or is it butter butter with almond flavoring?  Thanks debbie

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/4/12 10:06 pm - Baltimore, MD

Yes, there is almond butter that is the almond equivalent of peanut butter. It's usually in the peanut butter aisle.

The recipe also works with peanut butter, though, if you  like that better.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

darlingdeb
on 12/4/12 10:10 pm - OH

Thanks so much.  I have tried a lot of your recipes and love them!!            debbie

Lisa T.
on 12/4/12 9:59 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12

I'm looking forward to my daughter's choir concert this evening.  As far as my meal plan for the day, here it is:

B - coffee and Yoplait 100 Cal Greek Yogurt

L - meeting girlfriends from my old job at McAlister's Deli.  I have already looked up their menu and have a few options identified.  A cup of White Chicken Chili or  Chicken Tortilla Soup

D - not sure.  Likely to be rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club and a small arugula salad with shaved parmesan, evoo and lemon juice. 

Lots of hot herbal tea in between and a pure protein to get over the afternoon hump. 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Kellysnewlife
on 12/4/12 10:05 pm - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

Today is a laundry day for me. I also need to make a ruffle scarf for my daughter.  I just learned how yesterday and she is so excited to have one too.  She picked out the yarn last night at the store in shades of pink.

Eats -

1.  pina colada protein shake

2.  turkey and cheese roll up

3.  turkey pepperoni and cheese crisps

4.  green curry turkey burger patty

5.  maybe sf hot cider or hot chocolate w/ protein

plus lots of water and Desani drops

amyred27
on 12/4/12 10:52 pm

I will have surgery in about 3 months and ths is what I am eating today:

1. Cheese String with Banana (170 cals)

2) Bran flakes with skim milk (190)

3)Greek Yogurt (100)

4) 2 cups spinach with 2 tbps low fat dressing (100)

5)Veg V8 and cottage cheese cup (130)

6) Pea pods and celery sticks (60)

7) Super No clue yet.

I am aiming between 1500-1700 calories with the goal of increasing the types of food I will be eating after surgery (proteins found in yougurt, cottgage cheese, small frequent meals)

Neen L.
on 12/4/12 11:10 pm, edited 12/4/12 11:12 pm - Arlington, VA

Vinyasa yoga and an elliptical run were an energetic start to the day. I am attending FRACAS today! What is FRACAS? Our Green Committee at the library holds a recycled arts and crafts show and reception each year. Everything from empty microfilm reels to old exhibition banners is fair game and staff members are challenged to come up with creative works of art using all recycled materials. Our photography department then photographs, lights, and displays them for everyone during the reception. The library provides beer and wine, but I always get to cook for it and it's almost my favorite event. Here's everything all set out in my kitchen this morning. I made sure to have vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free options available:

From top to bottom: Chocolate Hazelnut Tart, Strawberry Walnut Tart, Giardiniera, Parma Ham, Queso Blanco with Piquillo Peppers, Fresh Ancho Chile Spiced Ricotta, Mustard Fruit, Sage and Brown Sugar Cured Pork Tenderloin, Vegetable and Olive Rillettes, Smoked Salmon Rillettes, Roasted Garlic and Marinated Tomatoes, Pork Rillettes, and Fig and Olive Tapenade.   I even treated myself to a new dress for the day!

Here's the deal on what I'll probably eat today:

• Breakfast: Coffee
  • Lunch: Grilled chicken and raw vegetables
  • Dinner: FRACAS goodies! I love the pork tenderloin with the mustard fruit. The desserts usually go fast so I won't have much temptation there I think.
  • Snack: If my calories or protein are low, I'll have a kashi protein bar when I get home.  

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 2:02 am

All those goodies look wonderful and it sounds like a terrific event! Have fun!

Jamie-Sue30
on 12/4/12 11:28 pm
RNY on 10/24/12

Today I am going to go Christmas shopping for my kiddos. 

B - 0% fage plain greek yogurt blended with banana and 1 tablespoon of honey roasted almonds. 

S - 1/2 quest protein bar

L - Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle protein shake

D - Undecided. Maybe one of Shelly's mini meatloafs. 

S - 1/2 apple peeled and sliced with cinnamon laughing cow cheese (if I feel like it)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics