What's your beef? (Rant Thread)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/5/12 9:35 pm - Baltimore, MD

Back in the day we used to do these daily to rant about stuff that might not fit else where on the board. Life, people who get on our nerves, etc., etc.

Today I NEED this rant thread so I figured I'd start it.

I'll post my rant in a response. But what's YOUR beef today?

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/5/12 9:40 pm - Baltimore, MD

I am pissed but I'm not sure if it's with my co-workers or myself frankly.

Long story short (pfft!). I am the staff writer for my organization. Recently the organization won an award for a project we do in Uganda with coffee farmers (we are a development organization) and with the award came a good sized article in the awarding organization's magazine. 

I met with the two people who submitted the award proposal and we agreed since I am not the technical expert, I could provide a "starter draft" for them to build off of to create their article. I told them, explicitly, all I am doing is pulling the information you submitted and putting it into an article format. From there change what you want, add what you want, get it back to us and we'll do final editing. I even followed up with an email!

So I did just that. I submitted a skeleton draft JUST with the information from their award submission form. I asked that they send edits back to my editor who would coordinate with me on re-writes. 

Why did they assume this was a submission draft, freaked out and emailed my DIRECTOR about it (above my editor)? So now I have to meet with my director and my editor to "make a plan to move this draft forward." For my part I looked at the comments they had on the article and did precisely what I said I was going to do in the first place - I used their guidance to revise the article. So...what the hell is the problem???

Ugh. This job gets to me sometimes. As long as I'm dealing with the US side of it, everything is great. Whenever I try to deal with our staff that work with programs overseas I just don't seem to communicate well with them. I think it might be me. I dunno. But I'm sick of being all nervous every single fricking time I work with these people!

Whew! Good to get that out. I feel better.

Onward and upward.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

MultiMom
on 12/5/12 9:45 pm - NH

THANK YOU!!! My beef is PROOF READ YOUR POST before you hit the submit button! If the word is underlined in red then it is spelled wrong. Also, words that are shortened for text messaging .....please, can't you just spell out your instead if ur, or you instead of u. There are so many more but I won't list them all because they irritate me so much. A quick once over to be sure that your message is understandable isn't much to ask.

Rant over......

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/5/12 9:47 pm - Baltimore, MD

I think we will see more of that kind of posting, actually, since OH has a more mobile friendly site. This is why I only post from a computer. My touch screen keyboard unnerves me (I have man thumbs) and spelling out words gets downright frustrating!

cajungirl
on 12/5/12 11:33 pm

I try not to misspell words but it happens way more often than I want.  Why?  Because I use my iPhone usually and it auto-corrects by itself (same thing happens on Facebook).  I keep telling myself to proof read TWICE before sending but usually hit send, see an error and it may or may not let me edit the post from my phone.

Typing from a laptop or desk top computer is MUCH easier than using phones, etc.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/6/12 1:31 am

I post some and some of my posts have mistakes. Sometimes I noticed that after I post them. Unfortunately I can't edit and correct most of the times. The new OH format does not let me ..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MultiMom
on 12/6/12 1:44 am - NH

Yours aren't bad!!! Although you can edit, there is a box under where your post is that says "more" that has a drop down and the bottom one is edit.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/6/12 2:04 am

Many times I can't. Something with my explorer and chrome. 9 out of 10 - I can't.  (that is my big beef with new OH)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sara O.
on 12/5/12 9:48 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

Its my TOM and my back is killing me! My heating pad isn't really helping and on top of the back pain I have killer cramps!

*end rant*  sorry....i hurt and i can't really complain about this to my family. If I tell my mom she just responds with what's ailing her and that just adds to my annoyance. Its not just my mom, my grandfather does the same thing. He makes it about himself by making a bigger complaint. That's why I usually suffer in silence. Its just easier that way.

Nik, does that ever happen to you? Does anyone ever try to one up you on pain/feelings/etc and make it about them? How do you deal with it?

~Sara

wendydettmer
on 12/5/12 9:49 pm - Rochester, NY

I wish I could narrow it down today - but for whatever reason I am just in a funk and want to be mad at everyone.  It's a me thing I am sure, so I hope to find some time to go do something productive for myself.

I need a job change, a place where I feel I can change the world and make a real difference - what I've always wanted to do, yet now I am too afraid to make any changes with a family.  does that make me upset with myself?  I don't know.  I put on my size 8 pants this morning, and with my slimpression i have a nice hour glass shape that i have NEVER had.  I looked in the mirror and said I am stronger then those soft pretzels at work.  Yet right now, who knows.

Maybe I just need a nap

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views