What's your beef? (Rant Thread)

shawna W.
on 12/5/12 10:41 pm, edited 12/5/12 10:42 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

i am highly pissed at tri-cares medical record office!!! the hospital i will be having surgery at has sent them a fax twice! its been over a month now and i am slowly getting more irritated because they are being slooooow and had legally 30 days to send them... i'm trying to get this dang show on the road. i have people waiting on a surgery date. so they know when to visit, i'm waiting on it so i know when i can visit, if i can get tickets to something i want to go to, see my family! and they are taking their sweet butt time.... sigh... i just want my surgery date....and to get all other testing done

~shawna

HW: 358 SW: 316   

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/6/12 1:38 am

If it is on base, call and light a fire under them. If it is the regional contractor, call them and find out what the hold up is.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

shawna W.
on 12/6/12 4:45 am
RNY on 07/26/13

I have tried calling them quite a few times and they are not answering, but I will keep at it. Thank you :)

Megan K.
on 12/6/12 2:50 am, edited 12/6/12 2:55 am
RNY on 02/18/13

I think you are awaiting the Medical Management Review (??)--for the preauth for surgery?.  First, did you contact your regional contractor to confirm that they acknowledge receipt? (North 877-874-2273, South 800-444-5445, West 888-874-9378) IF you are using a civilian provider.  They can tell you if they received the packet, when it's due to be complete, what the out come is, and when your doctor's office was/will be notified (usually within 24 hours of findings).

If you are awaiting the authorization from a MTF provider, start calling EVERY day AND contact your patient care advocate.  Those access standards are there for a reason. 

shawna W.
on 12/6/12 4:47 am
RNY on 07/26/13

I was already authorized to have the surgery, just the medical records need to be faxed over by the place that handle the records. 

Kellysnewlife
on 12/6/12 6:25 am - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

You might try physically going to pick up the records.  They may hem and haw about it but you do have the right to transport the records yourself if this could speed up the process.

shawna W.
on 12/6/12 7:08 am
RNY on 07/26/13

They told me I'd have to pay if I want them. But I finally figured out whet everything was going wrong and I fixed it after hours on the phone. But thank you anyway . :)

doloresd
on 12/5/12 11:25 pm - FL

My beef is my husband is disabled and won't do anything other than the grocery shopping to help, while I put in 50+ hours working.  And beef #2,  That some people that get gastric bypass seem to think they can continue to eat the wrong choices and then wonder why they gain weight. and oh yea, they feel that they are being bullied on this site when they get answers they don't want to hear.

Kim S.
on 12/5/12 11:41 pm - Helena, AL

Amen!  I just commented on something similar.

Girl, don't put up with that husband crap.  If he is able, he needs to pitch in.  Talk to him and ask if you can make a "to do" list that will help him stay on track....if he complains, then let the stuff go....just don't do it.  Hugs.

Kim S.
on 12/5/12 11:43 pm - Helena, AL

You are right Nik....we don't have the rant thread enough!

I replied to a few of the ones posted.....I'm actually feeling very thankful and blessed today, and miracle of miracles, I don't have anything to really "rant" about, but I do love seeing what is eating the rest of yall....keep em coming!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics