Too big to work?

jessann5
on 12/6/12 6:54 pm - Kansas City, KS

Story that is makign the local news here in Kansas City this morning.

This woman was let go from her new job because management said she was "too big to work"

Watching this video breaks my heart. Weight discrimination is a major issue and it needs to stop.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/12/06/waitress-sent-home-told-shes-to o-heavy-to-work/

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

poet_kelly
on 12/6/12 8:00 pm - OH

Wow.  That's really sad.  At 278 lbs, I would think she would be capable of doing the job.  It would be different if her weight made her unable to do the work, but it sounds like that was not the case here.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/12 10:57 pm

Awful. She wasn't even given a chance to prove or disprove the preconceived notions of how she would be able to perform in the job. I hope something is done in regards to the blatant discrimination that this lady encountered.

Friendlybyte
on 12/7/12 12:30 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

This made me so upset!  I posted the link on Facebook, the restaurant has a page I am going to make a post there and let them know how I feel! blush  Thanks for posting this!!

Cindy~*

shawna W.
on 12/7/12 1:58 am
RNY on 07/26/13

that is sad. i had that happen to me and my sister when we applied to buckle (a clothing store) i could still fit in their largest size. and they said that we were to big for the stores image and told dont apply again unless you are on a diet and losing weight.

HW: 358 SW: 316   

Kat1313
on 12/7/12 1:59 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

That's awful.  So cruel.  Here's the link to their Facebook page - be sure and post your comments there.  This kind of discrimination must be stopped.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archie-House-Black-Jack-BBQ/140442649301567

ddgg17
on 12/7/12 3:26 am - Ohila , PA

The last job I had keep on saying because of my weight I have sleep apnea!! well guess what I dont have and guess where Ill never work again!!! They tried to get me to come back to work there I told them it will be a cold day in hell before they saw me driveing one of their buss. If your ever in Philly dont use Philly Trolley works Big Bus co or 76 carriage co

imntatxi
on 12/7/12 12:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

This is so sad!! Ive been discriminated against when i was pregnant and trying to return to a job after being hurt.."don't you think your pregnancy will get in the way of your job?"  i was only  3 months pregnant! arseholes!!!

Jocelyn F.
on 12/8/12 12:25 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

That's completely ridiculous! You have to be thin now to work at a BBQ joint?? Hopefully this story will help her find a new job. Also hope that legal action or at least a stern talking to is heading towards whatever asshat manager has his establishment confused with Hooters.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics