feeling like crap all the time

jjsparkilzz
on 12/6/12 11:29 pm - Selden, NY
I am getting tired of feeling like crap all the time. I have a moody pouch, I always get tired, sleepy, sweaty and lethargic abt an hour after I eat. Doeant matter what I eat I still feel crappy an hour after. I have to eat slowly and wait for my pouch to settle after the first bite or two. I usually have pouch pains while I eat. I'm almost 4 months out and was fine up until about a month ago. Oh and my hair is falling out like crazy. I take my supps and do what I'm supposed to do. Wtf? I have a appt for Dec 14 with my surgeon. Can't wait.
Jilly Bean
on 12/6/12 11:40 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I felt crappy until about month 4.  You need to give your body time to adjust.  Exercise helped me immensely!  I started a program at 3.5 months and the energy boost was amazing.

My hair fell out some at month 2 but it's fine now.  It will pass.

About the tummy pain....mine hurts when I eat something I shouldn't, eat too fast, or don't chew properly.  Other than that, it's fine.

Talk about your concerns with your doctor next week.  It will get better than you ever dreamed possible.

Jill

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Lindah55
on 12/6/12 11:40 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

I don't have any advice for you. I am new at this journey too. I have trouble with meat can't eat more than an ounce at a time.

At least is stays down now. But it does sound like you have a fussy pouch. I bet it will get better with time. Hopefully a

veteran will give you some encouragement. Sorry you having a hard time.

tygercub82
on 12/7/12 12:18 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with

I know I lost my hair until i started getting enough protein in. I am almost 11 months out and still have a funny tummy. It just depends on the day and time of the week. I could eat the same thing everyday and not have an issue then eat it again and have an issue. I know my energy level got better once I started working out and making sure I was getting enough protein, water and B12. Good luck!!

Mal
on 12/7/12 12:21 am

I had a stricture from months 4-6 and couldn't eat meat for a long time.  Stick to 'go-to' foods that you know will be okay for your pouch.  Things like greek yogurt, string cheese, chili, and refried beans were mine.  I had to drink at least one protein shake a day in order to make my daily requirement.  Make sure you are keeping up with your fluids too.  Being dehydrated will cause you discomfort and fatigue too. 

I didn't lose much hair, but it did come back.  Now its growing in curly and I've always had stick-straight hair.  If you are in this much discomfort, please call your surgeon and see if they have a cancellation list to get you in sooner.

Mallisa

Friendlybyte
on 12/7/12 12:21 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

I hear you!  I am going through almost the same thing... I don't see my surgeon till after the first of the year!  I did see my family doc and she did a few tests, my TSH level was high so she adjusted my thyroid medication.  I was surprised that all my other levels are fine!  I thought for sure my iron and B levels would be low.  I hate having a moody pouch, if I go out to eat it usually means that we need to rush home after because whatever it is I eat my pouch is not happy.. I sure hope this passes soon!   Good luck and let us know how your appointment goes.

Cindy~*

jjsparkilzz
on 12/7/12 12:51 am - Selden, NY
I went and got my blood work done last Sat and I haven't heard anything. Prolly will find out on the 14th when I go but I would hope that if there was something wrong that they would call me. Having to wait til after the new year sucks. I hope you get some answers as well.
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/12 12:26 am
RNY on 08/31/12

If I eat too much, especially dense foods, I get that feeling of awful tiredness. I have found on a few occasions that to force myself to take a walk (like walking the dog) for about 20 minutes helps and it passes quicker.

jjsparkilzz
on 12/7/12 12:55 am - Selden, NY
I'm concerned abt the blood sugars and if they're out of whack from the wls. I've read things abt becoming hypoglycemic or something to that effect after wls. Wondering I'd that's happening to me but can it still happen after eating high protein foods?
cptprkchp
on 12/7/12 12:35 am

I am almost six years out from surgery and have to take breaks while eating because "The Queen" (my moody pouch) gets pissy.  About a week ago I had a few triscuits and threw them up!!  It just comes with the territory.  My hair fell out like crazy in the beginning- from like 3 months out to about 8 or 9 months out and I just had to ride it out.  It will get better- I promise.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 143 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics