HELP ME

brt11565
on 12/9/12 8:18 am - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

can i use protein powders on my liquid diet at the end of the process the last 2 days?  it says clear liquids only....what do you think? I AM HUNGRY and i am wanting some protein now...lol. HELP ME

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/12 8:21 am, edited 12/9/12 8:22 am
RNY on 08/31/12

Others may have different experience but I was allowed protein drinks up until the 9PM the night before surgery. Why not compromise and have them bu****er them down a lot.

(missing part above: have them bu****er them down a lot.)

OK - THIS IS MY 2nd EDIT of my message. It is so weird but the same part is **** out of my message. Mix your protein with the clear liquid that comes from the faucet. Just use extra of that clear liquid and you are making an almost "clear" liquid in the process.

MultiMom
on 12/9/12 8:40 am - NH

If you go to your account under settings, click on the message board tab. Underneathe where your signature box is right above the save button the is an option to allow adult content. If you set that to yes, you will stop seeing all those ***. Make sure you hit the save button after you set it to yes.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Flabuless26
on 12/9/12 11:49 am
Good to know! They are annoying, but I must say I enjoy trying to figure out what word is
being starred out
65rosesmom
on 12/9/12 8:44 am

I don't think protein powdered drinks are considered "clears".  Two full day of clears pre-op is hard!!!   I would check with your nutritionist though, because protein shake would not be okay on mine.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Kat Kat
on 12/9/12 9:09 am - AZ

Rather than guess, I'd call the doctor before you consider going against his/her advice.

Kat

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 12/9/12 9:54 am

There are clear liquid RTD (ready to drink) protein drinks you can buy at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.  I drank them before I had my colonoscopy.  Muscle Milk has a grapefruit one that is good.  There is also a tangerine one by a different company that is good.

Winnie

Dave Chambers
on 12/9/12 11:48 am - Mira Loma, CA

I'd stick to the clear liquids. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/12 12:01 pm

I know you are struggling right now, but this is no time to go against your surgeon's orders.  There is a reason your doctor wants you to do this.  This is his protocol.  Please hang tight, you will have this behind you very soon and we will be here to help you through it!   Jane

queenofstuckeys
on 12/9/12 2:56 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13
Call your doctor. Some protein powders are considered clear liquids. I would definitely make sure you don't drink the wrong thing and potentially delay surgery.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics