very painful cramping????

jenfasano
on 12/11/12 8:09 am - CT

Hey everyone I was just a year out on december 1 wow how time flies :)!! about six months ago i started getting really bad cramps in my stomach and my back.  It literally felt like i was in labor that's how it felt exactly actually!! It lasted for like a week but when i would lay down and relax it would go away.  I ended up in the hospital with every test know to man and they NEVER figured out what it was then it ended up finally going away.  Well over the past week i could feel it coming on again gradually and it hurts bad.  Same scenario labor pains in my stomach and back.  I looked it up on google for others that had  bypass and there were alot of people that had it and also didnt know what it was.  Im praying that someone on here will know what it is???? Please help!!

thanks jen

wendlady
on 12/11/12 8:24 am
Go to your surgeon tell him that you think you have a hernia .. i went through what you have beeen through for 2 years
 WENDY

jenfasano
on 12/11/12 8:32 am - CT

i did have one and she put me on carafate before all this do you think thats what it is? maybe it didnt go away?  Is that what you had and is it done now, no more pain?

wendlady
on 12/11/12 1:22 pm
That is for ulsers not hernia i had CT scan, ultra sound, x-ray, MRI, endoscopy, heita scan and upper GI none revealed the hernia only surgery
 WENDY

apurdie
on 12/11/12 11:45 am - CA

I don't think that carafaret helps hernias.

rocky513
on 12/11/12 12:32 pm - WI

When I had my bowel obstructions ( I had two surgeries in nine months) they felt like labor pains.  Waves of cramping off and on around my belly button and lower abdomen for several days.  It finally got so bad that I ended up in the ER.  My x-rays and CAT scans never found a problem.  They finally did emergency surgery and they found that my intestines had twisted around an adhesion, cutting off the blood supply to my bowel and killing the tissue.  They removed about 12 inches of black, dead bowel.  It was a life threatening situation.  Don't wait to get help and be insistent that they find out what is causing the pain.    Severe abdominal pain is NEVER normal.  You may have adhesions that are causing the pain and not have an obstruction.  Adhesions can be removed surgically if they are causing a lot of pain.   Call your doctor...don't wait.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views