Hair Loss?

Joni Fogel
on 12/13/12 11:41 pm - PA
RNY on 10/15/12
Is there any protein pills or capules we can take?

I know I don't get enuff protein. N I'm sure I will b one of the ones to lose my hair. Tomorrow I'm 2 months out. N my wedding is 3 weeks away n scared that my hair will fall out by then. N I was going to dye my hair for my wedding. But not sure if I shud now or not.

I already have my winter hair shedding. But worried I will lose more this year than my usual. The protein shots make me sick n protein shakes taste gross.

Dee.spunk
on 12/13/12 11:44 pm - Sacramento, CA
It's just one of those things that is gonna happen, wether we like it or not. Theres not much you can do to prevent it. Getting your protien will help so you dont lose as much, but you will most likely lose some.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Dani Dutch
on 12/13/12 11:46 pm - Netherlands

Biotin might help... if it is really super thin you might want to add some hair clips on your wedding day.

Quite a few hair stores have them. If you know somebody handy, they can make them for you using hair wefts and hair clips or wig combs. Saves on buying pre-made ones.

http://www.hairsisters.com/en/fusion-hair/lord-cliff/lord-cl iff-human-hair-fusion-extension-7pcs-14/index.php

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/12 11:48 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

Great suggestion. I'm losing by the handfuls now. I would guess it to be about half of my hair is gone. I'm older and very gray so not the end of the world but I sure feel for these younger ones and especially one getting married soon!

Nele
on 12/14/12 11:13 pm

Syringa ...... I am facing the same. MY hair went from thick to very thin and everyday I lose a bunch of hair.This makes me very unhappy and insecure  ;( I am 64  grey  a nice grey but  almost no hair on my head  ;(

Kellysnewlife
on 12/13/12 11:51 pm - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

No matter how much protein or vitamin supplements you get into your daily diet,  if you are going to lose some hair it is going to happen.  It usually starts between 3-4 months and lasts about 3 months.  Depending on the texture and thickness of your hair it may only be noticeable to you.  Don't stress yourself out over something you cannot control.  Concentrate on following your plan and exercising.  Get as much rest as you can and be kind to yourself.

thynnlynn
on 12/14/12 2:47 am - MI

I sure hope this does not happen to me.  I am older (60) and my hair is thin enough now!

Lynn

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

redambruster
on 12/14/12 11:29 am - lebanon, TN
Take extra iron. One of the vets I know said she literally lost 90% of her hair and her doc told her extra iron. It helped her hair looks fabulous now
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics