Need a diet plan/ post ópt / 4 months

Carmen C.
on 12/17/12 1:34 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
Not sure if some of u remember my dietitian but me in 3 meals a day which was estimating less than 250/ calories, 15 carbs, 15 grams of protein

I have increased my calories and protein but need something more official

I am over 4 months need a plan to help me stay on track
I range From 800-1000 calories an protein is above 70-90

Can some out there be willing to share plan
Need to know
Fat
Calories
Carbs
Protein

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

April M.
on 12/17/12 2:29 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I'd suggest consulting with your surgeon. Mine gave me a book called "Owner's Manual for a Gastric Bypass" and it gives details on what you can and can't have and what sample meals should be like.  They also reccomend 60-80 g of protein daily from poultry or fish only, eat proteins (4 ozs ) first and then up to 1 cup of green vegetables (not including cabbages cause they cause too much gas) if the protein isn't enough to fill you up. Also remembering no snacking, drinking at minimum 64 oz. of water daily, chewing each bite 20 times (take 20 min to complete your meal to allow pouch to dialate and acheive feeling of fullness) and no drinking 30 min before and after eating. The goal should be 600-900 calories per day with 60-80g of that coming from the lean proteins.  That is what is in my little manual. Mine says no carbs at this stage. Hope this helps some.

Lori F.
on 12/17/12 8:19 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

My plan calls for the following per day:  
  • 64 oz or more fluids
  • 73 grams protein
  • 27-46 grams fat (no more than 11 per meal)
  • 2 grams or less of added sugar per item (naturally occurring sugar is okay)

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Mal
on 12/17/12 10:10 pm

I never counted anything.  My rules (and my surgeon's)  are concentrate on protein first, then add other stuff in if you have room.  I worked extensively with my Nutritionist for the first 2 years (especially after the first year because I started to re-gain--the MOST important time to see them in my opinion) and this is what she told me.  I was never given a calorie count either so I can't help you there.  60-70 grams of protien a day is what I was told to focus on.

If you aren't already, start exercising.  I didn't start until about 3 months post-op with regular exercise every day for at least 30 minutes a day.  (Longer is better, but start off with 1/2 hour and increase it slowly over time). 

Mallisa

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 96 views