Emotions after weightloss

Carmen C.
on 12/17/12 2:04 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
My emotions have been a reck .. One minute sad or angry about food.. recently increased my antideprresant and therapy.. I have Always considered myself a strong and high tolarent for stress but really dealing with issues on why I over eat has been the hardest struggle it's like a full time job focusing on eating healing and excercising --- anyone ese feel this way ?...

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Kaoz789
on 12/17/12 2:33 pm

This is completely normal!

fat stores estrogen. Your fat cells are breaking down and dumping estrogen into your system. You will be moody! You will be extremely fertile!  

Be aware of the cause and make sure your prescribing doc knows too. This is not permanent and may only last for a few months. You want to keep a close eyeball on the meds and make sure they get adjusted back down appropriately after your estrogen and testier one levels equal out again after your initial rapid weight loss. Talk to your doc for more details and educate all your other docs too.

GL!

Kaoz

poet_kelly
on 12/17/12 6:52 pm - OH

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "really dealing with issues on why you overeat."   Now that you can't overeat, you have to deal with the feelings.  It's hard.  I know it's hard.  I think the only way through this is, well, through it.  Feel the feelings.  You'll come through it on the other side.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mal
on 12/17/12 10:13 pm

Yup, your emotional switch has been turned to the 'on' position.  This is why I am the biggest advocate of therapy.  It does help.

Mallisa

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?