Hunger

KnittingPoet
on 12/16/12 10:23 am - Raleigh, NC

I am six months out and I don't feel hunger. The times when I catch myself saying "I'm hungry", I realize that it is more mental than physical.  If I wasn't on a schedule, I wouldn't eat because there is no physical trigger.  There have been days when I've gotten busy at work and realized that too much time had passed between meals.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Is it just something we have to learn to control and live with?

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 12/16/12 10:33 am

This is very common.  Most post-ops go through a period where they do not feel hunger.  For some it comes back,  but not all.  for me it did come back but it is easier to control and deal with.  I can still be distracted and forget to eat.  Early out you must plan your meals and eat on a schedule to get your water and protein in.

Winnie

Ladytazz
on 12/16/12 10:36 am

I'm nearly 2 1/2 years out and I still don't get hungry, at least not like I used to.  I can go hours without eating.  In fact, often I have to sit down and remember if I even ate that day or ate lunch or dinner.  In a lot of ways it is freeing because I can do things without worrying about having enough to eat.  I don't have a problem going to someone's home, like I did tonight, and wait hours for them to finish making the food.  I don't know if this will change for me or it's my new normal.  I do mostly plan out my meals and snacks but if I get busy I will often forget to eat.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 474 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 391 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 32 views
Recent Topics