regret!!

brt11565
on 12/14/12 10:21 pm - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

i had my rny on the 11th.i kept on getting sick in the hospital. get home i have the diarreha all the time. there is no warning either it just comes out all over me. and over course i can clean it up.i do not pee it goes straight to **** i am constantly needing help getting up. 24 care more less. i am miserable!!! if i could take all this back i would. but i cant it is irreversable so know i gotta deal with it. how long does all of this last? someone give me some good news.

manda2108
on 12/14/12 10:36 pm

I'd place a call to your surgeon and see if they recommend taking something for the diarrhea..the first few weeks were emotionally tough and what your going through would have made it worse. I hope your doc can get you feeling better. 

Dee.spunk
on 12/14/12 10:51 pm - Sacramento, CA
Yeah, I second that opinion. Call your doctor. See if there's anything they can give you. And hang in there. I know it's tough, but I believe it'll all be worth it at the end.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

MinnieMouse1
on 12/14/12 11:12 pm
RNY on 12/06/12

RNY on 12/6/2012.  Same thing!! Day 8 everything started to change.  I didn't need as much help getting up.  Diarrhea stopped (unless I eat something I don't agree with).  Pain is getting easier with less pain pills.  But now I cry at every little thing.  (All day yesterday) and I am not a sappy person!!!.  I was able to get out yesterday morning and Christmas shop for about an hour.  Everyday is a tiny improvement.  Hang in there.  

Lindah55
on 12/14/12 11:23 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

I see you are just out of the hospital. Are you on a stool softener? That might be the culprit.

LaToya N.
on 12/15/12 12:11 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

My thoughts are the same as Linda55.  I had severe diarrhea due to the stool softener I took during pre op and in the hospital.  My stool firmed up after some time.  Now I need the stool softener to prevent constipation.  It is a difficult adjustment in the beginning but you and your body will eventually adjust.  Try to be patient.

brt11565
on 12/15/12 12:17 am - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

no stool softeners.

Mal
on 12/15/12 12:30 am

Call your surgical team.  They may be able to call something in for you or want you to be seen.  Its not normal to have that type of diahreah. 

Mallisa

emt_amy
on 12/15/12 12:55 am - MN
i had horrible diarrhea for the first 3 mo out, turns out i had a parasite that even my pcp didnt know existed..... dont give up!! take it day by day.

wmamey
on 12/15/12 1:07 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On December 15, 2012 at 6:21 AM Pacific Time, brt11565 wrote:

i had my rny on the 11th.i kept on getting sick in the hospital. get home i have the diarreha all the time. there is no warning either it just comes out all over me. and over course i can clean it up.i do not pee it goes straight to **** i am constantly needing help getting up. 24 care more less. i am miserable!!! if i could take all this back i would. but i cant it is irreversable so know i gotta deal with it. how long does all of this last? someone give me some good news.

I am so sorry you are going through this!! I know exactly how you feel with the regret. I cried everyday for the first 3 weeks. Thanks to this board I was able to get support EVERYDAY!!! Please understand that you have just been through hell; surgery can play tricks on anyone, it does not discriminate.
You have already recogonized the first battle - knowing that it is irreversible and you have to deal with it. However, how you deal with it can make it so much better. So, just start with today. I am not sure what your plan is at the this point meaning liquids, softs, puree, etc. but try to focus on your fluid intake - make it something like plain water or crystal light, etc (zero calorie beverage) stick to 1 or 2 types of drink for awhile. Whatever food you are eating you should be writing it down or logging it in an online food diary. I use the one here under health tracker.
Some people are NOT able to tolerate certain foods after surgery - even if you ate it everyday for your entire life it may no longer agree with you. Stick to a small range of food at the moment and see if your symptons are more prevalent with certain foods or protein and if it is at a certain time of day. Pay attention to things like lactose - which people here have said they became intolerant to after surgery.
If you can do that for a few days you might be able to see a trend in relation to the food you eat. I am not saying that it is definitely related to food but that this is something you can do to monitor the situation and be able to tell your surgeon.
It is sad that we can't see how we are going to look AND feel 6 months out from surgery. If this were the case we might not feel so bad in the first month or so. It is typical that you have regret at the moment many of us do. Just take things slow, day by day, walk as much as your surgeon allows. Things should get better a little everyday! If you want to chat send me a message privately.
Hope you feel better soon!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 470 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?