Having a really tough time

wendydettmer
on 12/17/12 9:49 pm - Rochester, NY

These past few weeks have been a real struggle for me.  For a variety of reasons.  This weekend was tough and has carried through to this week.  I am trying hard to remember that every moment is a new moment, and every day is a new day.  I was talking with my husband over the weekend about how hard it is for me to ask for help.  I know it's difficult for a lot of people.  Being a trained counselor, it is just a struggle for me to not always want to BE the support instead of NEEDING it.  I am still a work in progress.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

livinglifelarge
on 12/17/12 10:23 pm
RNY on 07/27/12

My good friend is a counselor too.  She always says the best counselors are the ones that can learn to accept counseling.  We are all works in progress.  I also find it hard to accept help.  I just asked my PCP for a referral for counseling.  Hubby is worried because I still can't see how much weight I have lost!  Me I want to find out why I have medicated myself with food for all these years.  I pray that you can find peace.

RNY 7/27/12        
LaToya N.
on 12/17/12 11:11 pm - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

I am also a therapist and have an appt with my therapist this afternoon.  Self care is especially important if you are in the industry of helping others.

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/18/12 12:07 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) I'm not a Therapist although I've been told I need to see one from time to time I believe it's true that everyone needs a Therapist from time to time. I also know how hard it is to ask for help. I believe as a counselor you hear so much and you MUST do something to shake it off and not let it all become unhealthy for you.

i am also a work in progress, so you are not alone!

Lori                               

wendydettmer
on 12/18/12 12:33 am - Rochester, NY

Thank you for your kind words everyone!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/18/12 1:21 am

Wendy, I'm sorry to hear your are struggling. We're here for you. You can do this. One step at a time. If you make a misstep, know that it doesn't have to dictate your whole journey. You can change course. I'm not certain what you are struggling with, but you can overcome. You have come so far already. Veering a little off plan doesn't invalidate all your hard work.

Take care, and let us know if there is anything specific you need.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 414 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views