Clothes shopping

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 12/22/12 1:36 pm
RNY on 09/17/12

I thought it would be fun now. I thought it would be easier.  It's neither!  LOL  It's like I don't know where to shop now that I'm out of the plus size stores.  I knew exactly what fit well then...now I have NO idea!  It's crazy...I don't trust my judgement anymore.  Jeans seem to be the worst.  I'm short, that in and of itself is hard to shop for in my area.  I feel like bootcut looks gross on me...maybe because I'm short?  Idk...I'm a bit overwhelmed lol.  I'm kind of in between sizes too so that doesn't help.  So, what's your favorite jeans if you're 5'2 and a size 14/16?

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

MrsLitch
on 12/22/12 1:56 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

personally for me only skinny jeans look okay on me because my legs are so skinny minny compared to my waist. I went into walmart and tried on their jeans they have straight cut, boot cut, skinny etc and they have them in different lengths too. I refuse to spend a lot of money on jeans until I settle at a size.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Mal
on 12/22/12 2:28 pm

Unfortunately the only way to know is to try on different sizes/styles.  It's likely to change as you lose additional weight.  I used to always go for bootcut (I'm tall) because my hips were on the wider side in comparison to my  waist but now I'm more proportionate so any style will do.

Mallisa

Shelle112
on 12/22/12 2:37 pm - PA

Try New York and co.!

Dee.spunk
on 12/22/12 3:18 pm - Sacramento, CA
I shop at RUE 21. It's for juniors, but since I have no butt or good, it's perfect!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Pittsteelers
on 12/22/12 8:36 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I shop at the local thrift store for my jeans. I refuse and have not spent more then $5 on a pair of jeans. I have Gap, Eddie Bauer, Sarah Jessica Parker and Levi's. It i**** or miss with me trying on jeans. I take about 10 pairs of jeans into the fitting room and come out with 2-3 that I like on me and will buy.

Sara O.
on 12/22/12 9:47 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

I'm exactly 5'2" so I know what you mean. Go to Old Navy and look at what they have in 14 or 16 SHORT. You might only be able to find skinny jeans in SHORT, but they will look fabulous on you. I love my skinny jeans! Also, try Levi's. I bought a pair of Levi's at Marshall's the other day and they were a SHORT as well. Petites are very hard to find. *sigh*

madeformore
on 12/22/12 11:12 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Hey, we are the same height and the same current weight! (Nearly the same high weight - mine was 270). I don't really have any advice for you - I have one pair of jeans and realized yesterday that they are getting slightly big. I am very non-committal with shopping now. I have a hard time guessing what will fit, don't always have time to try on (3 kids!) and not sure I want to pay when I don't know how long I'll be able to wear it. So I just keep wearing things for as long as I can. So, again, no advice - just sympathy!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Jilly Bean
on 12/23/12 12:09 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Super skinny jeans/cords from Old Navy!  I love them.  I wear a size 12 in them and feel TINY!  I wear regular length but you could try the short. They look great with boots or flats.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

BezoarGirl
on 12/23/12 1:04 am - WA

Jeans I think are the hardest think to find that fit and look nice on people.  Look for short or petite length. 

I live Lee jeans and always look for those in Goodwill or Value Village.  I could try on 15 pairs and only come away with one of two. 

I am tall so I wear boot cut.  I also have hips and thighs so I lookea bit of a stretch because the waist it normally too large. I also have to buy tall lengh and they are hard to find so when I find them and don't fit in them yet I still may buy them. If most of your weight is in the tummy and not legs try skinny jeans.  Also the even size numbers are misses size and the odd size numbers are junior size.  A junior size will be shorter in the rise and tighter   A misses size is more for someone who is not a teenage and wants a bit more coverage around the tummy area. A misses will provide a smoother coverage.

I am lucky as I can wear nice jeans to work so I stay with a dark rinse to keep it more professional looking.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 433 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views