ISO the best protein hot chocolate.

more2hold
on 12/23/12 4:49 am - Cassatt, SC
RNY on 05/14/13

I am pre-op but my surgery will be scheduled during the winter months, I would love to be able to drink hot chocolate while getting my protein in. I have been on several sites that offer protein hot chocolate but it never seems to be the correct protein that we can have post-op, any suggestions? Thanks for the help!!

TamaraL
on 12/23/12 5:07 am

go to bariatric foodie.com  and find out how to do hot chocolate with your regular dry protien.  You mix it with cold water and then add the ho****er. she also has other cool recipes

Tamara

BugdocMom
on 12/23/12 5:09 am - CA

I haven't found a hot chocolate made with 100% Whey Protein Isolate, which is the best protein for us. What I did to solve that dilemma was use Swiss Miss DIET hot cocoa and add a scoop of Isopure Dutch Chocolate protein powder to it. Just be sure it's not super hot when you add protein or the protein will curdle. Now that I get in plenty of protein form various sources so that it's not AS important to choose 100% Whey Isolate, I buy Wonderslim brand creamy hot chocolate. It is really yummy! I get it at http://www.dietdirect.com/wonderslim-protein-diet-hot-drinks-200.html They have good coupons on their site right now, too.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/23/12 6:13 am - OH

For five years I have been getting no sugar added Swiss Miss hot chocolate packets and mixing protein powder with it.  That is MUCH cheaper than buying something pre-made (and I thought the one pre made protein hot chocolate was gross).  

You can add unflavored, vanilla (tastes a little like you melted a marshmallow in it), or chocolate protein powder.  Some chocolate favors, though, sort of clash with the chocolate in the cocoa powder.  I add Unjury Chocolate Splendor and taste wise you would never know it has protein powder in it.  

You will need to heat the protein powder slowly, though.  If you add protein powder directly to ho****er,  it will clump terribly and be completely inedible.  Either add the coca mix and protein powder to warm water and then slowly heat more in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, or make a paste of the protein powder with warm water and then slowly add the ho****er to it.  I use the first method.

At over 5 years out, I have protein hot chocolate every morning artwork for breakfast just so I have a quick 20g of protein and then don't have to actively count my protein intake during the day, since that means I get more than enough, especially since my mid morning snack is always Greek yogurt with 14g of protein... So I have half of my daily protein in before lunch.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

more2hold
on 12/23/12 6:57 am - Cassatt, SC
RNY on 05/14/13

Great ideas ladies, thanks so much!

Lindah55
on 12/24/12 12:06 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

Unjury chocolate splendor is good all by itself as hot chocolate.

tulips52
on 12/24/12 12:43 am

I use exactly what Lora uses...Unjury Choc Splendor with Diet Swiss Miss...I love it!!! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views