5 months out- is my honeymoon period over already?? HELP

Carmen C.
on 12/27/12 12:44 am
RNY on 08/08/12

I have already had very slow weight loss, doctor even told me so.. I have to admit the past  few weeks ..I haven't done very well- carb eating. So I am getting back on track

How long does the honeymoon period end?? Do I have a change to still loose some more weight??

Worried that it has already been slow weight loss with the honeymoon period.\- what will it be afterwards...

I have already had my diet looked at from many NUT's and have had my blood work done.. I just wondering how much time I have.. as I still have about 70 pounds still to loose..

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

MultiMom
on 12/27/12 1:04 am, edited 12/27/12 1:04 am - NH

Is the 54 pound loss that your ticker shows in the 5 months? My doc told me to expect to lose an average of 2-3 pounds a week. You are well within that range. If you continue to lose at the same rate you should be at your goal in 6-7 months which is well within the 'honeymoon' period!!

Edited to add: You do, however, have to stick to your plan to have the losses continue!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Dee.spunk
on 12/27/12 1:05 am - Sacramento, CA
I don't think it's over. I've read here that it can be anywhere from 12-18 months. My surgeon says it can last up to 24 months, but the easiest losing time is 6 months and that by a year out it slows down even more. You mention you've been eating carbs. I think that's the one thing I'd cut out. Stick to protein first, excersize, get your fluids in. You are still in the honeymoon phase. Take advantage of it.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/27/12 1:09 am - OH

Weight loss usually slows significantly at about 6 months out, and often again by 12 months out, but the body does not fully overcome the caloric malabsorption until about 18 months out.  So you still have LOTS of time to lose, but you DO need to stay on track.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kim S.
on 12/27/12 1:10 am - Helena, AL

Probably not.  Just follow your plan and exercise.  It will happen.

I'm almost 4 years out, and I STILL have some malabsorption (of fat)....and great restriction.

poet_kelly
on 12/27/12 2:08 am - OH

The honeymoon period usually lasts for about a year, but many people keep losing for 18 months or more.  Of course you have a chance to lose more weight.  You just need to stick to your program.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

prazhym
on 12/30/12 4:19 am

Kelly

This has nothing whatsoever to do with current topic.  

I would like your laundry soap recipe and I can't find it after many

minutes of searching.

If you can would you please email it to me or repost it for those

of us that didn't have sense enough to copy it.

thank you

prazhym

[email protected]

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views