Not All Cheeses are Created Equal

RebeccaElise
on 12/30/12 9:47 pm - Quincy, MA

I've been doing pretty well with small amounts of reduced fat cheese added to things like scrambled eggs or refried beans. Today I tried a slice of swiss cheese on my scrambled egg and it's really not going well. It was a *****ewy when I was chewing (instead of soft and melty like monterey jack or cheddar) and now that I've eaten it, I feel like I have a lump of rubber stuck just above my pouch in my lower esophagus. Yuck. It's doesn't hurt or anything, but I'm really not enjoying it. Blurg. I guess I'll feed the rest to my wife and go back to cheddar.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

martitalinda
on 12/30/12 10:47 pm, edited 12/30/12 10:48 pm

Hopefully the discomfort will resolve.  I too at 6 years out have an occasional reaction to something I have eaten either too fast or not chewed too well or just a reaction just for the heck of it it did not sit well.... add that to the fact that I have to be very careful because I dump furiously so I have to be very careful with my food/meal choices.

I love love love spicy monterrey jack and cheeses in any way shape or form ... I do either low fat or regular and I monitor the calories and fat content too...

Feel better!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kim S.
on 12/31/12 12:10 am - Helena, AL

Don't give up on Swiss!  One of the best cheeses out there.........

Next time, instead of using it in a slice, grate it and mix it in with the eggs before cooking........

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404