YES Whey Protein bullets through Bariatric Advantage

more2hold
on 12/31/12 9:04 pm - Cassatt, SC
RNY on 05/14/13

Has anyone tried the YES Whey bullets or tubes from Bariatric Advantage on days when your protein intake is low, basically as a back up plan? I was thinking of maybe buying a few just for days when I have not met my protein intake requirements. If anyone has tried them I'd be interested to know your review of the product. Thanks in advance!

angeleigh
on 12/31/12 10:29 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I personally havent tried that kind, but I have tried the Protein Ice, shots.... They have a strange taste to them but arent un do able to me.  For the price of them, I personally would rather just do another shake in the evening.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

wmamey
on 12/31/12 11:08 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
I tend to stick with a protein shake at least once a day. I can blend them with ice and create a "milkshake" type drink; somewhat of a treat at the end of the day. Fit Frappe by Big Train mixes thick like a milkshake would. The bullets or tubes taste horrible. I also made the mistake early post op and was using the collagen shots not knowing that we don't absorb them. But if I am following the rules and eating lean protein like I should then I am not short on protein at the end of the day.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/1/13 12:15 am - OH

I bought one a couple of months ago just to see how different it was in term so taste and texture from the older collagen based protein "bullets"/"shots".  Although it was not as disgusting as the collagen ones (which we cannot absorb, BTW), it was not exactly tasty and still has a weird texture.  Personally, I would much prefer putting protein powder into SF hot chocolate or drinking an Oh Yeah brand chocolate RTD shake or drinking a Cytomax protein water. All of those taste better!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

more2hold
on 1/1/13 8:18 am - Cassatt, SC
RNY on 05/14/13

Thanks for the help and the great quick protein fixes.

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/13 12:07 pm - Cicero, IN

I got a couple to try...grape and watermelon and I dont think they are bad at all..just a little pricey. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views