sick to stomach???

macygranny
on 1/1/13 11:05 am - Vandalia, IL

My daughter had roux-en-y Oct 16 ( I had it 5 yr ago) She went to er tongiht feeling nausea and foamies for 2 days!!! Has anyone had this problem??? I never had this and am concerned for her! HElp PLease!

Vicky
Amanda M.
on 1/1/13 1:37 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
I have not had surgery yet, but from what I have read foamies often occur if you eat too fast or too much. Nausea can also be caused by that.

Dehydration or a stricture also could cause similar things in some respects, but every body can have different reactions to different things. But to me, it sounds like she ate too much or too fast or something her pouch didnt agree with.

Hope she feels better soon!

garnetgal
on 1/1/13 1:40 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

I've only had the foamies a couple of times, both of which were when I did not chew my food well enough early out. I was somewhat nauseated at the same time. Solved the problem by putting my finger down my throat. At that point it was better out than in. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

Kat Kat
on 1/1/13 2:10 pm - AZ

I get them when I drink too fast, especially if the drink is cold.

Do these symptoms come and go, or has this been non-stop for 2 days? Without pain it most likely is either a stricture which can be seen with a scope and fixed easily, or just that she needs to modify how well she chews and to eat more slowly.

Kat

SoCaPinkLady
on 1/1/13 10:29 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I get the foamies if I eat too much or too fast or a combination of the two. Not a pleasant thing.

Lori                               

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?